The LEGO® DUPLO® Steam Train is as easy as Push & Go!
- VIP Points
The LEGO® DUPLO® 10874 Steam Train is now even easier for your toddler to control and interact with in multiple ways. Young children can become the train driver with the Push & Go motor — a gentle push either forwards or backwards sends the train on its way and a firm hold or lift off the tracks will make it stop. Help them place the 5 colored action bricks along the track to sound the horn, turn the lights on and off, pause and refuel, change direction and stop the train wherever they like. With a train station, coal tipper, 2 DUPLO figures plus an animal figure and a simple toy train track included in this LEGO DUPLO set, preschoolers can enjoy classic, fun train play. Download the optional app to unlock even more play possibilities, including remote-control function and fun activities to complete with your toddler!
- Includes train driver and child LEGO® DUPLO® figures, plus a squirrel figure.
- Features a buildable Push & Go locomotive with lights and sounds, passenger carriage, 5 color-coded action bricks, train station, coal tipper, tree and 16 pieces of track.
- Accessory elements include a refueling can, suitcase, bread and a spade.
- Any toddler can start the steam train with a gentle push forwards or backwards, and stop it by placing their hand firmly on top of the engine.
- Show your child how to place and move the 5 colored action bricks around the track so the train follows their instructions to sound the horn, turn on the lights, refuel, change direction or stop.
- Develop imagination and early role-play skills using the LEGO® DUPLO® figures to create endless journeys and adventures.
- Extend the play possibilities of this LEGO® DUPLO® set by downloading the free app with remote-control function and fun activities for young children to complete.
- The train and tracks included in this set are compatible with your child’s existing LEGO® DUPLO® train collection.
- Download the optional app at the App Store, Google Play Store or Amazon Kindle Store. Learn more at LEGO.com/devicecheck.
- LEGO® DUPLO® products are specially designed to be fun and easy for little hands.
- This product requires batteries (not included). Please refer to the product packaging for type and quantity.
- Combine with the 10872 Train Bridge and Tracks, 10875 Cargo Train and 10882 Train Tracks for even more track combinations and LEGO® DUPLO® train fun.
- Steam train with passenger car measures over 3” (10cm) high, 11” (30cm) long and 2” (7cm) wide.
- Station measures over 5” (15cm) high, 4” (12cm) wide and 2” (6cm) deep.
- about 2 months agorating.prefix4rating.postfixGreat App Integrationdtrev | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonSanta gave my 18mo this for Christmas. It is simple to set up and use. We bought it so that our older son could play together with youngest. Works perfectly for that. Making the set is easy, i’d recommend getting extra sets so there’s more track. App Set up is easy and straightforward and worked straight away on our Apple devices (IoS 12) Youngest loves the push and go so no app needed. Our 4yo loves the app and the extra interactive games. We had a lot of old style black track from years ago, it works perfectly with that. Ths only issue is the old style bridge doesn’t have enough grip. This was fixed with a thin wipe of PVA of the track surface! We now have a hump back bridge!Play Experiencerating.prefix5rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix2rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix5rating.postfixBuild Time: 20 minsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?45
- 15 days agorating.prefix3rating.postfixNot as good as previous trainsDrGareth | 35-44Purchased for: SonMy 2-year old loves the previous issue motorised Duplo trains since he can push them along by himself, or use the big green button to start them going and stop them as he pleases. On this new train, however, you can't push it along by itself - it will always start running, which limits his play options. (It also requires quite a shove which will also sometimes move and therefore break apart the train tracks it is resting on). Also, weirdly, it doesn't auto-power down when left idle - it just sits there, not moving, but draining its battery unless an adult thinks to turn it over and notice the blue light. Maybe it powers off eventually, but it hadn't after a few hours of not being used. The bluetooth app is not an essential part of the toy, but is poorly designed for very young children since only a small part of the phone interface is given to the train control, so the distance to move from full speed forward to full speed reverse is tiny (and on a modern iPhone is also near the edge of the screen and thus triggers other parts of the OS interface). Overall I find it hard to believe this has had much testing at the lower end of its target age range, since it's natural for little kids to want to push along their trains themselves sometimes.January 5, 2019Emily, Customer ServiceThanks for your review. I'm sorry to hear your son isn't enjoying the push-and-go feature or the app. I'll pass your feedback along to our design team. As for the battery life, the train does have auto-stop and auto-off features. If not pushed, the train will stop automatically after 15 minutes of running, lowering battery use. It will stay on but not moving for 120 minutes after that, at which time it'll automatically turn off.Play Experiencerating.prefix3rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix4rating.postfixBuild Time: 15 minsWas this helpful?35
- 26 days agorating.prefix3rating.postfixNot Strong Enough Motormikevince | 25-34I bought this together with the Train Bridge and Tracks (10872) and the engine with an empty car can't make it to the top of the bridge 30%-40% of the time. When using the app, the motor is noticeably weaker and stops 90% of the time before reaching the bridges's top. The tracks+bridge were setup on a flat, solid surface. Fresh AAA Energizer batteries were used. This is just nitpicking on an otherwise amazing set.
Response from LEGO SHOPSeptember 3, 2018Emily, Customer ServiceThanks for your review. I'm sorry to hear that you've had a disappointing experience. Our Customer Service team would be happy to troubleshoot the train with you. You can get in touch at LEGO.com/Service.Play Experiencerating.prefix3rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix2rating.postfixBuild Time: 20 minsWas this helpful?35
- 3 months agorating.prefix5rating.postfixGreat first trainwalterf22 | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: DaughterGot this for my 4 year old girls. They loved it and so did I. Action block and app make for interactive play. We use it as a center piece for the rest of our Duplo themes.Play Experiencerating.prefix5rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix3rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix5rating.postfixWas this helpful?55