Available nowPop-Up Book4.75536.
Enjoy 2 classic fairy tales with this brick-mazing pop-up LEGO® book!
- VIP Points
Build, play and display the classic fairy tales Little Red Riding Hood and Jack and the Beanstalk with LEGO® Ideas 21315 Pop-up Book! This first-ever buildable pop-up book made from LEGO bricks opens to reveal the famous scene of grandmother’s forest cottage featuring opening door, bed and kitchen area. Recreate the scene when Little Red Riding Hood meets the wolf or swap out grandmother's cottage for the scene of the giant's castle in the clouds. This collectible toy features enough bricks to build both scenes or you can even build a scene of your own and makes a perfect creative gift. This LEGO set includes a booklet with a short history of pop-up books, a condensed history of each fairy tale in the set, as well as information about its fan designers and LEGO designers.
- Includes 4 new-for-November-2018 LEGO® minifigures: Little Red Riding Hood, Grandmother, the Wolf, and the Giant. Also includes 1 new-for-November-2018 microfigure: Jack.
- First pop-up book in LEGO® history features 2 different LEGO fairy tale stories: Little Red Riding Hood and Jack and the Beanstalk.
- Build and display or recreate your own stories from 2 classic fairy tales with this imagination toy.
- This LEGO® Ideas set features enough bricks to build both fairy tales in the set or you can even build your own scene.
- Includes a booklet featuring building instructions, a brief history of pop-up books, a short history of the 2 fairy tales in the set, plus information about this amazing classic fairy tale’s fan designers and LEGO® designers.
- Pop-up book measures over 7” (20cm) long and 5” (13cm) wide when closed, and over 11” (28cm) wide when open.
- 3 days agorating.prefix5rating.postfixEnchanting and ExpandableKory | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThe assembly of this book and the two pop-up stories in the set is an especially engaging experience. A playfully designed instruction book showcases the fan designers and LEGO designers of the set, and gives a little history on pop-up books. Using hinges and swivels, the pop-up mechanic is expertly pulled off in brick form and is just as fascinating. The two story inserts are playful in design, highly interactive, and they spark new ideas. They demonstrate two uses of scale; Red Riding Hood has a pop-up cottage, and Jack & the Beanstalk has a pop-up mountain valley village in micro-scale, and a rising beanstalk in the background. The mechanical movement is impressive yet simple. These inserts give rise to more ideas for pop-up vignettes. I recently finished designing my own Star Wars scene insert and since the ideas are endless, so might be my own collection of custom story inserts.November 19, 2018Keith, Customer ServiceThanks for sharing your review! It's great to hear that this set inspired you to create your own pop-up vignettes to put inside the book. The LEGO® Star Wars™ inspired design you shared is impressive and I hope you continue to customize the set with more stories!Play Experiencerating.prefix5rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix5rating.postfixBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- 8 days agorating.prefix4rating.postfixAwesome set, but one critiqueJennifergwl | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI love everything about this set. I think it's such a great idea and in fact I hope that LEGO will create some mini sets to change out the story in the book in the future. Because I like it so much and think that all the stops were pulled out for this set except for a couple of areas, I am going to be extra critical... LEGO, I feel like you could have sprung for some more dark green bricks. Instead using black in places where you can see the color on the front and back covers in two spots and along the bottom, the green really would have made this 100%. I swapped out the two black 1x1 bricks with the two studs that could be seen on the front and back for green ones and in the spaces that were left empty because I stole the green ones from, I put in a couple of gray ones that I had (those are hidden by the large plates on the front and back cover. However they can be seen when the book is open. A better alternative, though. However along the bottom where there are black 1x2 bricks with front facing studs, I had to leave them because I don't have dark green ones in my collection of LEGO. Is it really terrible? No, but this and one other set are my absolute favorite sets ever so I was being really picky. Really awesome that it made it into the LEGO Ideas line and so thrilled to have it :)Play Experiencerating.prefix5rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix3rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix5rating.postfixBuild Time: 30 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45
- 8 days agorating.prefix5rating.postfixRehab GiftGreenGirl | 55-64I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI’m 60 year old retiree w a smashed wrist requiring wrist plate w 5 screws. I bought this set (my first LEGO set) to help me get my fingers working again. Such a great experience. I made a few changes. I prefer name plates on spine. It is a joyful set beautifully crafted. I’m shopping for more brickheadz now. I forgot how much I enjoyed LEGO until now.
Response from LEGO SHOPFebruary 22, 2019Keith, Customer ServiceThanks for your review. It's wonderful to hear that building this set helped you through your wrist's recovery process. We're always gratified when fans tell us that their LEGO® sets were a comfort for them during a difficult time. We're glad you were able to modify the set to your liking and we hope you continue to enjoy building with LEGO bricks for years to come!Play Experiencerating.prefix1rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix2rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix5rating.postfixBuilding Experience: Novice LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- 8 days agorating.prefix5rating.postfixStocking stuffer, so to speak.......Legocanine | 65 or olderI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: Friend or Family Member's ChildGreat time for new Christmas ideas. Compliments to Lego for releasing a set that’s such a creative use of ‘bricks’. I’ll be buying several of these for the kids in the family and charity donations.Play Experiencerating.prefix5rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix5rating.postfixBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55