Take this MINI Cooper for a nostalgic drive down memory lane!
- VIP Points
Take the iconic MINI Cooper for a drive! This beautifully crafted LEGO® brick replica of the classic MINI Cooper Mk VII is full of authentic details, from the classic green and white color scheme with white wing mirrors and racing stripes, to the opening doors, hood and trunk, sporty fog lights, detailed engine and separate spare tire compartment. You can even remove the roof to access a tan colored interior with patterned seats, veneer-style dashboard, turning steering wheel, and moving gearshift and handbrake. And of course, no MINI Cooper would be complete without a picnic basket and blanket, the perfect accessories for a fun day in the countryside!
- Build an authentic replica of the MINI Cooper Mk VII!
- Includes doors that open and a hood that lifts to reveal detailed engine and interior
- LEGO Creator Expert building toys are compatible with all LEGO construction sets for creative building
- MINI Cooper measures over 4"high, 9" long and 5" wide
- 1,077 pieces – For boys and girls over the age of 16
- 19 days agorating.prefix5rating.postfixLovely Little MiniThomasNWyndham | 19-24I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI was given this as a present from my cousin, and I was so trilled to get it! I love English cars, and the Mini is very much a classic icon of British motoring. First thing first, I have always said if I owned a Mini, it would have to be British Racing Green, with a white roof, and white stripes, and so this is a big tick to start with. Building the set was quite enjoyable, and the instructions were very clear. The exterior shape looked great, and the interior dash, and seats I thought were very cute details. It made a great addition to my display cabinet. Then a couple of months later, I actually bought a 1999 Rover Mini Mk. VII, the very same model as the set. Same British Racing Green, same white roof and stripes, same interior colours, same extra fog lights. The only differences are minor, the mirror colours and alloy wheels for example, but great all the same. Both of my Minis look great, and having the same car in my garage as on my display cabinet, I can defiantly say this model is a good and accurate LEGO version of the real thing. To any motoring enthusiast, I'd defiantly recommend this set!Play Experiencerating.prefix4rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix4rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix4rating.postfixBuild Time: 1 hrs 30 minsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- 9 days agorating.prefix3rating.postfixWRONG PARTS!!Wazzmastermax | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI love this model and my opinion of it is largely very positive. I'm going to use this review to highlight a detail that most other reviewers and the official Lego picture seem to miss. The windscreens that you get are not the windscreens that you SHOULD get. If you have the model, go to page 52 in Book 2 and look at the windscreen. It says you should have 2 x 6133615. The part is 2 bricks deep at the bottom and only one row deep at the top. The ones you get are 3 rows deep at the bottom and 2 rows deep at the top. This means that both the front and back windows protrude too far into the vehicle and look a little sloppy with the overlap. If you look at the customer submitted photos closely, they indicate this mistake. Even the official photo on the main page shows the overlap on the back parcel shelf and in the front doors. Why has this not been raised before? I've contacted Lego and I'm awaiting a response. Pasting the element ID into the search function at Lego's pick-a-brick website and it returns no results, like the brick doesn't exist...? Did someone forget to design and make the part? Did you just hope nobody would notice? Attention to detail has failed here Lego. Sort it out please.December 16, 2015Jordan - Core Product Specialist, Consumer ServicesThis set recently received a redesign and there was a new element made for the front and back windscreen. For the past year the windows did protrude into the vehicle by one stud and it went unnoticed because it matched the building instructions. Now we have a new building instruction, with the new element, but it seems you still received the old elements in the box. I am sorry to see that the launch of the new building instruction did not match up with the launch of the new part. I am glad to see that you have reached out to LEGO Consumer Services as they will definitely be able to assist you with getting the new parts.Play Experiencerating.prefix3rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix3rating.postfixBuild Time: 4 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?35
- 27 days agorating.prefix5rating.postfixMy Dream CarGoodOldJR | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfEver since I saw my first Mini at an antique car show, I was hooked. Then I notice that Lego has one in my favorite color? I had to build it. Overall a very nice build that most people could do in an afternoon. It is nice to see that the engine was mounted transversely. A detail some might overlook that gave the original Mini its massive cabin. Being able to set up a Lego picnic after a morning cruise is a nice touch that could have just as easily been forgotten. As for things forgotten, an actual spare tire has been replaced in many cars, but not this Mini. I also thought that, since I am an US citizen, my Mini should be left hand drive. The swap was very easily achieved even if the instructions told me to make it right hand drive. I do have a few nits to pick though. The front windshield, while acceptable as a model piece, has some slop that means the kids will get pushed away from this build. The roof has a few sharp angles that, while trademark Lego, might leave some hard core model builders passing this up. On the side of the body, some of the printed pin striping doesn't quite match up. Not enough to throw off the aesthetic, but enough to notice. To me, the most grievous omission is the cabin floor. The plates stop a stud away from the door. I took a few plates and filled them in and I know the old real life Minis were not luxury vehicles, but this seems like an oversight. Overall, this is a fantastic build. I think this would keep a teenager engaged for an afternoon and it give me a very enjoyable two hours. This will be proudly displayed on my bookshelf. Thank you Lego for a wonderful model.Level of Difficultyrating.prefix3rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix4rating.postfixBuild Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- 27 days agorating.prefix5rating.postfixFantastic present for DadCraigganmore | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: FriendI bought this as a Christmas present for my father who, in the 1960s and 70s, used to drive around Europe in one of these. He's not a signed up 'Adult Fan Of Lego' and so I thought it was a bit of a risk buying him something that is a bit of a toy. I shouldn't have worried - he really enjoyed the absorbing build and is really pleased with the completed model. I think his photos attached show how pleased he is with the results.Level of Difficultyrating.prefix3rating.postfixBuild Time: 20 daysBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55