With LEGO® Dimensions™, you're gonna need a bigger imagination!
- VIP Points
The LEGO® DIMENSIONS™ Starter Pack has everything you need to set out on epic mash-up adventures filled with iconic worlds and unlikely allies as you've never seen them before. Build Batman™, Wyldstyle™ and Gandalf™, then attach them to the special LEGO Toy Tags and place them on the LEGO Toy Pad with buildable LEGO Gateway to bring them to life in the game. Add the buildable 3-in-1 Batmobile™ for extra in-game fun, and rebuild it into The Batblaster or a Sonic Batray to boost its in-game abilities. There's a whole multiverse of puzzles to solve, plus challenges and enemies to face, and when you're ready for more, collect Level, Team and Fun Packs from fan-favorite brands featuring buildable characters and rebuildable gadgets. This Starter Pack includes buildable Batman, Wyldstyle and Gandalf minifigures.
- Includes buildable Batman™, Wyldstyle™ and Gandalf™ minifigures and 3-in-1 Batmobile™, each with a detachable LEGO® Toy Tag.
- Rebuild the 3-in-1 Batmobile™ into The Batblaster and Sonic Batray for extra in-game abilities.
- Also includes Batman's Batarang, Wyldstyle´s relic scanner and Gandalf's staff.
- Activate Batman's special Grapple, Boomerang and Stealth abilities; Wyldstyle's Relic Detector, Acrobat and Master Build abilities; and Gandalf's Magic, Magical Shield and Illumination abilities to crack puzzles and overpower enemies.
- Place up to 7 LEGO® DIMENSIONS™ toys on the LEGO Toy Pad simultaneously and set out on exciting in-game adventures.
- Collect your favorite LEGO® DIMENSIONS™ characters and use them in-game together for a crazy mash-up multiverse.
- Visit LEGO.com/DIMENSIONS for more information on this exciting LEGO® building and video gaming experience. Ask your parents' or guardians' permission before going online.
- PLAYSTATION® 4 game system with a minimum of 20GB available hard disk space and Internet connection required.
- Collect LEGO® DIMENSIONS™ Team, Level and Fun Packs to unlock additional content.
- LEGO® DIMENSIONS™ characters and vehicles are required to interact with the LEGO DIMENSIONS video game.
- LEGO® Toy Pad with Gateway measures over 6” (16cm) high, 7” (19cm) wide and 4” (11cm) deep.
- Batmobile™ measures over 1” (4cm) high, 2” (6cm) long and 1” (3cm) wide (alternative 3-in-1 vehicle builds vary in size).
- 13 days agorating.prefix5rating.postfixGreat Fun - Requires ActionGoat27 | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: DaughterMy 3-year-old daughter and I have motored... at a 3-year-old pace... through the main storyline levels. She's primarily responsible for moving the characters around the mini-figure pad, and smashing things. This has led to lots of fun, and some moments of frustration, because there is quite a lot of mini-figure movement required in the game, and the game-pad is too far away from my comfy couch for me to reach. There were a couple Dr. Who scenes where those pesky Weeping Angels were driving me crazy because my frustratingly inadequate daughter just couldn't move the pieces quickly enough. Alas, I got off my rear end and did it myself eventually, so the level was cleared. Overall, this game has been a tremendous amount of fun for us. I have played many of the Lego video games in the past, some I loved (Batman, Star Wars), some I disliked (Lego Movie), and some in between. Things I liked about this one: 1) Lots of variety in stories 2) Easy hub for gameplay after the main storyline 3) The fact you don't HAVE to purchase all the kits in order to get the gold bricks. I've heard/read some people complain that you need all the characters to get everything, but there is the option to rent characters for studs. Dislikes 1) Sometimes too easy if you have a flying character to bypass puzzlesPlay Experiencerating.prefix5rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix3rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix4rating.postfixBuild Time: 30 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- about 1 month agorating.prefix2rating.postfixMoney sink.BentWright | 35-44Purchased for: SelfThe set has a low game play time per price ratio. Even after I've spent more than a hundred dollars for additional figures and level packs, I still run up against content and challenges that are inaccessible. For example, there is a gold brick in a sunken city underneath The LEGO Movie world that is only accessible with a character that has both Dive AND Chima abilities, which is only one character: Croc. There is a gold brick in The Emerald City in Oz that is only accessible with a character with Stealth, Fix-it, AND Electricity, which is only one character: Jay. I keep running into more of these single character obstacles as I play. Also as of December 2015, there are no characters available with Drone, Atlantis or Ghost abilities. I have found many puzzles that need these abilities, so there is still plenty of content that can't be accessed. Also, wait for this to go on sale. I bought it for $60, and still feel there are many other video games that have much better play value for $60.Play Experiencerating.prefix3rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix3rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix1rating.postfixBuild Time: 20 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?25
- over 2 years agorating.prefix5rating.postfixGood family gamestevesheriw | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonWe bought the Playstation 4 mainly for this game since there is apparently so much to do with it. The starter kit has everything you need in order to play the story levels, although to get every gold brick, kit, etc., other characters will be needed. You also have free roam access to three worlds: Lego Movie, Lord of the Rings, and DC comics. Younger children might find some of the puzzles challenging as I will admit getting stuck in certain places every once in a while. There is an opportunity to buy expansion character packs. These characters bring in new abilities and they open the respective world that they represent for free roaming. If you are a fan of the 80s pop culture, this might be too difficult to resist with all the movie themes from that time available. The only drawback is that the portal pad has to connect with a cable to the PS4. For us, this means a lot of getting up to move/switch characters and vehicle builds on the pad, and this is sometimes required fairly often. I guess it does give you a little exercise and keep you moving depending on how your unit, TV, and couch is oriented. This is certainly a good family game, as everyone will have their favorite areas to explore. It can be expensive, especially to get more character packs, but it does add a lot more possibilities. One of my favorite aspects of the game is where you have the opportunity to rebuild areas in the free roam world. I wish there was a way to get instructions online for some of these, as I would like to try building some with actual bricks.Play Experiencerating.prefix5rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix4rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix4rating.postfixBuild Time: 30 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- over 3 years agorating.prefix5rating.postfixGreat Game! Highly Recommended!TeeKay101 | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThe starter pack comes with everything you need to play through the main storyline of the game, which does come to a satisfying ending! I was a little worried that there might be some cliffhanger since there are plenty more waves of toy packs on the way. Truly an incredible game with fun puzzle-solving gameplay based on the gamepad mixed into typical the TT LEGO Games formula. Incredible mixture of licenses, voice actors, and music. Some minor cons: the USB cable is permanently attached to the gamepad, so if it happens to wear out, you're out of luck. It's also not wireless, and I did have one incident where my cat ran through the cable and smashed the pad and all the toys into the ground. Thankfully nothing broke! The game came with day-one updates, meaning you'll need to wait a while before playing the game for the first time, assuming you want to update it, which I'd recommend. Thankfully, you're given paper instructions on how to build the portal that sits on the gamepad, so this is a good time to do some building! One thing I did notice is that sometime characters can take a while to load in the game after you put them on the gamepad. Not sure exactly why this happens, but I did have to wait for 45-60 seconds for a few characters to finally pop into the game. This happened very rarely and will probably get patched in an upcoming update for the game. I felt like flying characters (or vehicles) like the Wicked Witch were a little game-breaking. Although the slogan of the game is "Break the rules," I feel like you can bypass a bit too much of the game, like Portal 2 puzzles, by flying past them. You can easily solve this problem by not abusing these characters like I did. You won't be able to 100% complete the core game until later waves are released (the announced Midway Arcade, Ghostbusters, and Dr Who packs, specifically). The levels have 10 minikits to unlock that sometimes require currently unreleased characters, and the freeplay worlds have certain gold bricks and things you can't do quite yet. There's a bonus dimension that you can open with gold bricks, but it too isn't fully completable until the aforementioned sets come out (and you're given no warning of this, the bonus dimension level just ends abruptly). So if you're a completionist, just know you won't be able to truly complete the game for a while. The pros strongly outweigh the cons! Very highly recommended!Play Experiencerating.prefix5rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix2rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix5rating.postfixBuild Time: 15 minsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55