Imperial Assault Hovertank™
Retired ProductImperial Assault Hovertank™4.6129531.
Seek out the rebels aboard the armor-plated Imperial Assault Hovertank!
Help Chirrut battle the troopers patrolling the streets in their Imperial Assault Hovertank. With a rotating and elevating turret gun with dual spring-loaded shooters, elevating side guns, opening two-minifigure cockpit, storage container and ‘hover-look’ transparent wheels, the Imperial Assault Hovertank is the ultimate urban patrol vehicle. Includes 3 minifigures.
- Build this heavily-armed and armored Imperial vehicle before helping the warrior-monk overcome the odds
- Featured in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Includes Chirrut Îmwe and two Imperial Hovertank Pilots
- LEGO Star Wars building toys are compatible with all LEGO construction sets for creative building
- Hovertank is over 3” high, 7” long and 5” wide
- 385 pieces – For boys and girls between the ages of 7 and 12 years old
- 28 days agorating.prefix4rating.postfixLego made a WHAT!legomaniac5213 | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!Overall, this is a great set. It is so inexpensive, so I would highly recommend buying more than one copy. There were a few ways in which it could be improved though. It could have used another minifig; perhaps a generic rebel trooper and maybe a small section of wall to use as cover. Below are more of my comments: Pros: 1. The price is great, far better than 10 cents per piece, which is a good benchmark by my standards. 2. The exterior is very detailed, and it is very accurate. 3. The wheels underneath add excellent play value. 4. The interior of the tank is very accessible (The front and top plates are hinged). Cons: 1. The set only comes with one crate; the tanks in Rouge One had two. Also, this crate contains a blaster and electrobinoculars. The crates in the movie contained crystals. 2. The interior is not very detailed; I would have liked to have seen some tiles on the inside and controls that are more complicated than a set of two buttons. 3. The sponsons only elevate, they do not swivel horizontally. 4. The gun on the front is stationary. 5. The hatch on top of the tank does not open, so a pilot to poke his head out (sure, the top is hinged, but it does not look as cool) .Play Experiencerating.prefix4rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix1rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix5rating.postfixBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?45
- over 1 year agorating.prefix5rating.postfix"I'm one with the Force, and the Force is with me"DarthRevan1 | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThe inital wave of Rogue One sets had excellent minifigures and excellent builds. The smallest of the wave, Imperial Assault Hovertank has 385 parts, 3 exclusive minifigures and 1 build and retails for $39.99. Set: Lego do not make military vehicles so Lego green-lighting this set was a surprise. The build is extremely sturdy and very heavy. Its mostly bricks being stacked on top of one another. The front has a small 2x2 black tile which would indicate the hatch that opens up. The whole front section can be lifted to access the inside. The top of the tank can be also lifted. It has a small gun turret and a place to stand your figure. On either side are twin cannons and in the centre underneath the cockpit are two more cannons. Integrated well into the build are two missile shooters which are on either side of the cannon at the front. The vertical wing assemblies on either side are sort of pasted on at the end using 1x4 technic brick. The sides are detailed using 1x2 bricks with groove so the build doesn't look too boring. The back of the tank is bare save for a couple of tiles and 2x2 jumper plates. There is an orange crate included which goes on the back. The movie featured three crates on the back but you can place only two. Also the second crate is available in the Battle on Scarif set. Moving the crate leaves a very bare look, almost like a pick-up truck type of design. The underside of the tank has 4 clear technic axles which allow the tank to "hover" on the ground. The idea is nicely executed. The crate is a fantastic and an ingenious creation. It looks modest and cool and can be recoloured to give a very military-esque look. The inside is very compact but has space for a small pistol and binoculars. There is enough space to put the Death Star plans found in the Battle on Scarif set. Minifigures: Chirrut Imwe: The figure is a fantasic rebel to my Lego collection. His face captures the essence of the character and his eyes are coloured teal to give the blind eyes look. The skin colour is too white for the character. A more nougat like Baze Malbus's would be better. His torso is very reusable and comes with a kama skirt piece to go over his legs. He comes with a staff piece which uses the pearl dark grey lightsaber hilt previously available only with Kylo Ren. He also comes with a Bowcaster type of weapon. Hovertank Pilots: The figures are identical and look like stormtrooper than pilots. The helmet are the new mold used for the Scarif troopers. The printing is so intricate and precise. The torso and leg printing is equally impressive. One of the troopers comes with a blaster and the other with a rifle. Overall: The set is fantastic. The parts-to-piece ratio is very good and the figure selection is nice. The set could maybe use another figure but its okay. I picked this set up on Force Friday, the day the sets were released, along with the Darth Revan polybag which I felt justified the price.Play Experiencerating.prefix4rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix3rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix4rating.postfixBuild Time: 37 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- 28 days agorating.prefix5rating.postfixGreat Value, Great SetBasedTarquin | 19-24I would recommend this to a friend!I received this building set as a gift for Christmas, and was quite pleased, as after watching Rogue One I found the Hovertank to be an awesome addition to the Star Wars Universe. I believe this set to be good value, coming in at just under 7 cents per piece, and was certainly fun to build, let alone play with. I am a toy photographer, and have found that the set makes for an excellent set piece. I'll cover the Pros and Cons of the set below. PROS Figures are awesome, well detailed Looks accurate to the movie Rolls smoothly on surfaces Can house the tank commander and driver Comes with storage crate Comes with a main character from the film More than enough blasters for you or your youngster's arsenal CONS The interior of the tank is a tad bare, with internal, non-grey bricks visible and no control panels or interior clips for holding blasters. The rear of the tank, sides of the cockpit, and back of the cockpit are all also lacking in detail, and tan plates are visible from the rear, giving an odd look, if you care about that. The hatches are also very large, and the top one looks odd if you leave it open to allow the commander to peak out. Other than the above mentioned flaws, the set looks great, is fun to play with, and if you add in more stormtroopers, is very fun to recreate scenes from Rogue One with. I would recommend this set for all ages, with it having the ease of building for children, but also looking great for adults who wish to display it. For the price, you get a great looking model, and some awesome minifigures. This set gets a 4.5/5 rating.Play Experiencerating.prefix5rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix3rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix5rating.postfixBuild Time: 1 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- 28 days agorating.prefix5rating.postfixBig punch in a small packageChadwick | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: Friend or Family Member's ChildFirst of all the Value of this is Huge for such an iconic rogue one vehicle with so much detail. At first glance it's military stance was what hooked me initially and then the minifigures included adds that "wow" factor. I'm a huge fan of Donny Yen and was really stoked to see him in this entry level set...the hover Tank pilots were spot on as well...combined with the piece count of the build this is a really nice set at the best price point offered. Hats off to lego.Play Experiencerating.prefix5rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix2rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix5rating.postfixBuild Time: 30 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55