Heavy Lift Helicopter
Retired ProductHeavy Lift Helicopter4.3158519.
Airlift massive loads with the Heavy Lift Helicopter!
Call in the mighty 2-in-1 Heavy Lift helicopter with an array of intricate technical details and motorized functions, including contra-rotating rotors, opening loading ramp and cargo bay doors and a working winch. This model also features movable elevator and rudders, a multidirectional nose wheel and a buildable cargo accessory. Comes with an orange, white and gray color scheme. Rebuilds into a Tandem Rotor Helicopter.
- Build a Heavy Lift Helicopter with motorized functions, contra-rotating rotors and working winch!
- 2 vehicles in 1 – Rebuilds into a Tandem Rotor Helicopter
- Includes LEGO Power Functions motor that adds movement and lights to your LEGO building toys
- LEGO Technic building toys are compatible with all LEGO construction sets for creative building
- Heavy Lift Helicopter measures over 8 inches high, 23 inches long, and 20 inches wide
- 1042 pieces – For boys and girls between the ages of 10 and 16 years old
- about 1 month agoAverage rating5out of 5 starsFeels about 90% completeTommyAZ | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI see a few others have posted that it isn't quite right and I can understand that and would have to agree. All in all the model is great and the size of the model was larger than expected. The Kids absolutely love it. Where I think the ideas stopped were on the Back flaps, Rudders, and Overhead Blades. When building the tail section I was like "Sweet! this is cool" and then to see they were not connected to anything to control them was a little bit of a let down (Not a huge one. lol but would have liked to see that Idea completed or ended better). We literally have a few hundred 300+ lego sets in the house. that belong to either the Kids, my wife or myself.. Every set is cool in some way. This set is just neat due to the size and power options. I think a lighting kit would be cool for the two lights on the under side. Also if they would have made this a remote and had more than one powering motor. (Thought for this would be to allow the blades to spin without having to share the same gear system for the other power options. Basically 1 motor for Blades, and the other for the power options.) Maybe then the tail control could have been integrated somehow with a servo. This would have definitely drove the price a little higher I imagine and perhaps may have even upped the build difficulty tremendously, But it would have been very cool as all heck too. The landing gear i was not too upset with as it gives the illusion of the load lifted when the helicopter is a taking off. Over all can't complain i do love it and it was actually purchased for me. I would recommend the product for any hardcore lego nut like me (or my other family members) and can't wait to see where they go with these ideas and what they come up with next.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 starsLevel of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 starsValue for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 starsBuild Time: 2 hrs 45 minsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- 16 days agoAverage rating5out of 5 starsA New Year's Gift. The Russian Helicopter!MrPaulo23 | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI bought it New Year's day right when the set came out live on Lego Shop's website. Being the third aircraft set in my collection and my first actual helicopter set purchase this set did not fail to amaze me. The Heavy Lift Helicopter clearly shouts Russian in overall shape, it has a very distinct East European design in it which is not bad because for a fact those helicopters built during the Cold War were one of the coolest and toughest looking helicopters, these have clear purpose which is to haul troops or cargo or just about anything. You open up the box and you have these 6 HUGE blades and lots of white parts and orange components. Building the set is pretty easy and straightforward as the instruction booklet has crisp coloring on the building process. I guess as with most large/ flagship Technic set this one is sticker reliant but then its not a bad thing because they add detail to the set which for me still reminds of those large Mil Russian helicopters. You finish the set and a visual harmony of white and orange finished with dark grey parts that greets your eyes clearly shouting "let's play!" no seriously this is a very enjoyable set and of all 4 functions I like the counter-rotating blades the most which compared to the 9396's conventional approach is fresh and cool yet a simple mechanism does this. I only wish Lego's designers could have at least toyed with an L-Motor for a more responsive play. The winch and opening hatch tandem works well but as a flagship set for the First Half of 2016 I wish this has the higher quality string and aided by the more responsive L-Motor could've been more entertaining, lastly you have the rear hatch which you can load the green cargo (yes it comes with an odd-looking component which you can winch up or pull thru the rear hatch). What I don't like on this set is that unconventional approach on finishing the cabin portion using "memory sticks" and the tail rudders that oddly enough moves freely when you "fly" it, could've been connected to the other tail part (sorry I'm really familiar with airplane parts) Overall I will still recommend this set, it's a toy and one can put or revise anything in it because it's still a LEGO which means anything is possible. The set is very sturdy and really big if you put similarly scaled human toy right next to it you'll think that if it was real surely enough it will dwarf an Augusta helicopter, it's probably one of those "giants" you'll see every now and then on a hangar somewhere in Europe.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 starsValue for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 starsBuild Time: 8 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- about 1 month agoAverage rating5out of 5 starsThis is awesomeAfnan | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!The helicopter is huge, a lot bigger than I thought it would be. I never found my self getting bored at any part of the build. The functions work really well, I just hoped it could work a bit faster at some parts.i would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants a great desplay, somthing great to play with and has space!Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 starsLevel of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 starsValue for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 starsBuild Time: 5 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- 8 months agoAverage rating5out of 5 starsMINIMAXmrTrip | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Thank you for this great opportunity to have such a beautiful experience for building super things like this awesome chopper... we need more.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 starsLevel of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 starsValue for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 starsBuild Time: 23 days 23 hrs 23 minsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55