Retired ProductExo Suit4.7381542.
Go on a mission to discover the amazing Exo Suit!
Put on your spacesuit and head out with Pete, Yve and their robot turtle on a mission to discover the long-lost Exo Suit! Selected by LEGO® Ideas members (formerly known as CUUSOO), this amazing model first appeared in the unofficial book, LEGO Space, written by LEGO fan and builder, Peter Reid. Featuring posable limbs, opening cockpit, grabbing claws and an intricate, modular form that you can tune to suit the most challenging missions, this amazing Exo Suit captures the essence of Classic Space design – and for the first time in 30 years, we’ve kitted Pete and Yve out in green spacesuits with the Classic Space logo! This set also includes building instructions and a fun booklet containing a cool space-themed story featuring the models and minifigures from the set, plus information about the creator. Includes 2 astronaut minifigures.
- Includes Pete and Yve astronaut minifigures
- Exo Suit features posable limbs, opening cockpit, grabbing claws and an intricate, modular design
- Robot turtle also included
- Discover the long-lost Exo Suit!
- Tune the Exo Suit to suit your own space exploration missions
- Includes special spacesuits in green with Classic Space logo!
- Build the model voted for by LEGO® Ideas members
- Includes building instructions and booklet with story and information about the creator
- The perfect gift for fans of LEGO® bricks and space adventurers of all ages
- Stands over 8” (22cm) tall with antenna extended
- 2 months agorating.prefix5rating.postfixAmazing set, but does need tweakingBlacktronEnforcer | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfFirst off, let me tell you that this is by far my favorite set of 2014, and likely for a good 3 or 4 year prior. It is reminiscent of classic space, but with a modern feel. You can make this as a fighter, construction type bot or anything. The set is made of a ton of little parts, but overall is an easy build. Pros: Space related Green classic space guys Robot Very customizable Very sound design for basic legs/body/arms Cons: Low stability (some of the ball joints are low on clutch power) Bottoms of feet are small which causes more instability Many of the little parts fall off due to weak connections Cockpit area leaves driver exposed No articulation at the wrists I still love this set straight out of the box, but very quickly I found myself doing many modifications to it. I made the feet wider, used mixel ball joints to add wrist articulation, added a real cockpit with windshield that lowers over the driver, added various weapons, and changed many of the colors (like adding blue parts and wings for Benny). Many of the little parts tend to fall off easily, so I mostly replaced them with other options that still had a similar look. Even though I modified all my exosuits, the basic mech design is well done - it is far better and more articulate than any other mech design Lego has come up with. That being said, I feel like this was meant to be modified. I have attached only a few of my many different Exosuits I have made.Play Experiencerating.prefix5rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix5rating.postfixBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- about 4 years agorating.prefix5rating.postfixJust one of those sets...D3m160d | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfYou know, you get a set, and throughout the build you make this strong attachment to the model. So much so, that after you close the last page of the instruction manual, you keep going. Keep building on it, making it your own. Thinking of what missions will this mech go on? Is it a fighter? Will it work in construction? Exploration? That's what this set was to me. The way it's designed, if you have the right technic pieces you can add on just about anything to it. I upgraded mine to have a spring loaded cannon on its arm, extending barrel for small watt laser fire, upgraded foot pads, a better targeting computer and radar along with heavy armor in some places. The possibilities are endless!!! And I have to say, when you pour the pieces out at first it can seem daunting because it's a LOT of little tiny elements, while almost no actual bricks. But the build itself is rather easy, with bigger frame parts holding everything together firmly. The figures are great, Good to see the old space logo again. And the cute little turtle (who I've named Donnie, after my favorite turtle) is very fun and pose able, and I remember making a bunch of them when I got the Lego Adventure book years ago. Not to mention, one of my favorite Lego designers, Mark Stafford helped complete the design before release. :) The only downside is the figure itself is a little off balance, the weight seems to center a little towards the rear, so it can just fall over for no reason. Nothing a few hoppers and some 2x6 plates won't fix though. Also, some of the little extras, like the generators, antenna and the computers that cover the shoulder joint are very fragile and can fall off very easily, only because they're only attached by either a small hook or on one stud. Other than that, GET IT ASAP BEFORE IT RETIRES!!! If not for THIS mech, then for your OWN mech, as I'm sure it's entirely possible to make something completely different from the pieces contained in the box.Play Experiencerating.prefix4rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix2rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix4rating.postfixBuild Time: 1 hrs 30 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- 3 months agorating.prefix5rating.postfixStill thinking to get this?LEGO10000 | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfSpeechlessness. It definitely deserves 5 stars. Just buy it before it becomes a retired product, but build is pretty flimsy.Play Experiencerating.prefix5rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix3rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix5rating.postfixBuild Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Novice LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- almost 5 years agorating.prefix5rating.postfixFantasticJairovskaya | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI wasn't expecting to be that fun to assemble the exosuit. Surprised with the different ways to add details and interlocking pieces. The amount of details are excellent. A noticeable amount of silver colored parts. Great idea adding male and female characters. Love the green suits. Good back story on the manual. Definitely a collector's piece.Play Experiencerating.prefix5rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix4rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix5rating.postfixBuild Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55