Captain America Jet Pursuit
Retired ProductCaptain America Jet Pursuit3.6667512.
Retrieve Captain America's shield from evil Super-Adaptoid!
Ms. Marvel is on a mission to help retrieve Captain America’s shield from Super-Adaptoid, who is shooting back with his Power Blasts. Use her super-extending arms to attach her to the jet, which features movable wings for flying and attack modes, a minifigure cockpit with space for a shield, and dual disc shooters. Includes three minifigures.
- Includes three minifigures: Pilot Captain America, Ms. Marvel and Super-Adaptoid.
- Captain America's jet features sweep back wings, dual disc shooters and a minifigure cockpit with shield holder and Captain America logo.
- Attach the Power Blast elements to Super-Adaptoid's hands, then push inwards to fire!
- Extend Ms. Marvel's flexible arms on either side by sliding them through the super torso.
- Push a trigger in the aircraft's tail forward to switch from flying mode into attack mode ,then fire the dual disc shooters at Super-Adaptoid.
- Also includes new-for-spring-2017 Power Blast weapons.
- Accessory elements include three translucent-blue thrusters, Captain America's shield, Super-Adaptoid's wings, Ms. Marvel's big hands and four shooting discs.
- This set offers an age-appropriate build and play experience for ages 6-12.
- Captain America's jet measures over 1” (5cm) high, 7” (20cm) long and 7” (18cm) wide with wings swept back.
- Captain America's jet with wings extended measures over 1” (5cm) high, 7” (20cm) long and 7” (20cm) wide with wings swept forward.
- about 2 months agorating.prefix4rating.postfixBought it for the minifigs, but loving the plane!Superdad14 | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfWhen I buy I Lego Superheroes set, I almost always make the choice based on minifigs, and then price per brick. The actual content of the set typically is the bonus. When I saw a unique Captain America, and a brand new Ms. Marvel, I knew it was right up my alley. But the price point at $20.00 for 160 pieces was a little steep, especially compared to the Detroit Steel set that was also just released with triple the pieces for only $30.00. So, instead of choosing based on value, I chose the set that my son would be able to get more enjoyment out of: Captain America Jet Pursuit. Captain America is his, and my, favorite Avenger, and he'd have more fun playing with a plane than a mech that he doesn't necessarily understand. Building the jet was quite easy, but really fun. I like to build my sets while on break at work, to help make the day go by faster. This was a set that wasn't too intensive, and both myself and all of my coworkers (we're a Lego-friendly office) were impressed by the push wings and shield firing weaponry. I'm not necessarily a huge fan of Super Adaptoid, but I do enjoy that you can play imagining that he's already met and fought Iron Man and Falcon, and has now moved on to Captain America. The playablity aspect of Super Adaptoid is increased when combined with previous Age of Ulton Sets, to help complete a robot army. The new Power Blast piece is really cool, and I look forward to using it with other Iron Man Minifigs I already have. Ms. Marvel though, while being the pre-purchase highlight of the set, was a little bit of a disappointment. I love Kamala as a character, and thought she was really fun in the Lego Avengers Videogame, but the rubberized, non-removable arms are quite odd, and a slight detriment to play. I do love that her serious face, is not as serious as other characters, and could even be described as a bit whimsical. This is a fun set to build, and the jet is surprisingly complex for a $20.00 value. The set has tremendous play value, especially combined with other sets.Play Experiencerating.prefix5rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix2rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix3rating.postfixBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45
- about 2 months agorating.prefix4rating.postfixExcellent value for moneyWizardOfOz | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfMovie franchise-based LEGO sets with three unique minifigures don't often come around for less than £20 and this was a welcome exception. Captain America's jet was nice little build and I couldn't help but liken it to the F-14 Tomcat, perhaps most famously linked to Top Gun. The swing-wing is a nice feature with a single control to push the wings forward into attack/maneuverability mode thouoh you have to push them back by hand but at this price, I wouldn't complain too much about it. I would have preferred a different colour for the tan pieces that fire the shield pieces from the wings so they blended in better with the jet's colour scheme but that's a minor detail. One neat little detail is that there is a piece that allows you to clip Captain America's shield in the cockpit behind him as he pilots the jet. By the jet's guns are pieces that allow the Ms Marvel to latch on to the bottom of the jet. The minifigures are all unique to this set and they're all pretty interesting. Captain America Pilot has some really nice detailing with his goggles and flight jacket. Super-Adaptoid has a plain headpiece under his helmet as he is an android mimic. The minifigure is based on the Avengers Assemble depiction of the character. It features a few new parts in the form of repulsor beams that fire from the hands when you press the edges down - they're a neat little touch but his red wings do get in the way of firing the repulsors somewhat. Ms Marvel is based on the Kamal Khan alter ego, not the Carol Danvers alter ego that when on to become Captain Marvel. Ms Marvel's elongation powers are depicted with a red tube representing her arms. There is some nice attention to detail with the left wrist being golden to represent her bangle and there are two large hand pieces to go along with her normal hand pieces. The downside for me is that the elongated arms are permanently in the torso - you can't remove them and replace them with standard red arms without causing damage. Overall this was a fun little build and for less than £20, I can't complain too much about the little details I dislike about this set. For minifigure collectors, I recommend this set in a heartbeat though I am very partial to the jet as well.Play Experiencerating.prefix4rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix2rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix4rating.postfixBuild Time: 23 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?45
- almost 2 years agorating.prefix4rating.postfixSuper Adaptoid.........At Lastwintsol978 | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI have been waiting at least 2 years for Lego and Marvel to come together and produce Super Adaptiod in Lego minifigure form. I fell in love with this character since his appearence in the Avengers Assemble television series. Minifigures The three minifigures in this set are great including Mrs Marvel, Khmala Khan, Captain America, pilot varient, and SUPER ADAPTOID! Mrs Marvel is a fantastic minifigure with the new specially moulded, extending arms with a clever mechanism to bring them out of either side. Captain America has got a new varient which is nice but Super Adaptoid takes the centre stage with the brand new power blast which works really well. The new helmet mould fits perfectly with the sleek design. Build The Captain America Jet is a great take off of the TV show and captures the overall design well also with disc shooters popping out of either side. Overall A nice set but perhaps an extra build for Mrs Marvel or Super Adaptoid to make it just up to the retail of £19.99???Play Experiencerating.prefix4rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix2rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix4rating.postfixBuild Time: 15 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45
- almost 2 years agorating.prefix3rating.postfixCaptains FighterArchangel85 | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfWhat I enjoyed about the set was captains minifigure design and fighter aircraft. Build was simple and gave me nostalgia for how I use to build my aircraft in the 90's as a kid. The window is definitely a appreciated improvemenwt for aircraft builds. Simple red, white and blue colors works well. Now the dislike. Reuse of falcons wing for Super-Adaptoid. The Adaptoid figure itself is simple and to the point. Now the big reason I got the set was for Ms. Marvel. Disappointment when I discovered her arms are a tube that slides through the arm holes. I'd been happier if they had been able to be removed. The rest of the figure is cool. Now while the figure is comic accurate, it lacks playability. I like to recreate scenes from comics and whatnot. Money wise it's worth it for Parts or figures. The set has merit.Level of Difficultyrating.prefix1rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix4rating.postfixBuild Time: 1 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?35