The Mountain Cave
Retired ProductThe Mountain Cave4.6429514.
Experience the Mountain Cave!
Build and experience the Mountain Cave, featuring an amazing minecart track with an integrated redstone‑powered minecart elevator, and an array of other features and functions, including TNT blasting, rotating spider‑spawner, charged Creeper™ explosion and a lava burst. Position the light brick to illuminate the rotating spider-spawner, wall of redstone, jack o’lantern, first-night shelter, furnace, lava or the torch above the cave entrance. Enjoy hands‑on Minecraft™ adventures featuring your favorite characters and objects with this easy-to-reconfigure, modular LEGO® Minecraft set designed for young fans of the highly successful sandbox video game. Includes Steve and Alex minifigures, plus 13 mobs including a charged Creeper™.
- Includes 2 minifigures: Steve and Alex, plus a cave spider, wolf, baby wolf, slime, 2 small slimes, 2 bats, zombie, enderman, skeleton, sheep and a charged Creeper™.
- Features a minecart track with an integrated redstone-powered minecart elevator; 2 minecarts; first-night shelter with bed, crafting table and torch; a mountaintop shelter with bed, torch and furnace; plus a light brick, trees, waterfall, lava and extra torches.
- Open up the model to access the detailed interior and remodel with easy-to-connect modular sections.
- Remove the diamond ore elements and activate the lava burst function.
- Activate the revolving cave-spider spawner.
- Trigger the charged Creeper™ explosion function.
- Jump aboard the minecart and race around the track, and travel to the mountaintop aboard the redstone powered minecart elevator.
- Blast through the mountain with the TNT to extend the rail track.
- Position the light brick to illuminate the rotating spider-spawner, wall of redstone, jack o’lantern, first-night-shelter, furnace, lava or the torch above the cave entrance.
- Enjoy easy access to the detailed interior.
- Put on your golden armor, grab your diamond sword and shield, and prepare for battle!
- Weapons include a sword and a bow.
- Accessory elements include a Minecraft™ clock, spider eyes, signs, map, golden armor, shield, TNT and 8 ore style elements, including diamond, lapis lazuli, emerald, redstone, golden, iron and 2 coal ores.
- Easy-to-reconfigure, modular design—choose from 3 different model configurations.
- Set your imagination free—rebuild the set for more LEGO® Minecraft™ creations!
- This set includes over 2,860 pieces.
- Measures over 12” (31cm) high, 20” (53cm) wide and 11” (29cm) deep.
- 6 days agorating.prefix5rating.postfixWowTheFausLLduo | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonThe detail and features of the Mountain Cave marked this as a favorite for my 7 yr old, even above the Avengers sets. While the cost was waaaaay outside my preferred budget, my son held onto the magazine ad of this for MONTHS and fell asleep w it every night. I broke (no pun intended) down and got it as a present and I only wish I could've had something so cool when I was that age. My DH and 6 yr old daughter love it too. The moveable red light is great with so many options, but I do have to buy 5 additional ones bc it's a shame not to have the light where all's applicable. (Though we have to wait til Feb '19 to order?) The Minecragt sets are great, I just wish the larger sets were a bit more affordable.Play Experiencerating.prefix5rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix4rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix3rating.postfixBuild Time: 3 daysBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- 6 days agorating.prefix5rating.postfixIt's a big setMissingMyCoffeeTable | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonIt appeared overnight on 25 December. Wrapping paper ripped off by 6.30am by 10 year old son. Build start time delayed by pretending to be interested in other presents, and then by parental demands to eat breakfast. After plate inspection and the cleaning of teeth build allowed to start at 9am. Twelve hours of solid Lego building later (entire day spent in pyjamas: no time to change, see?), briefly interrupted by the eating of some turkey, and without a single request for help from his Lego Technic veteran father and it is finished by 9pm the same day. Play of finished set interrupted by bedtime but resumed boxing day....all boxing day. Ever since it has remained proudly displayed on the coffee table, where it was built. The mini-figures must have commanding views of the lounge. I don't know where to put it, it is so large, I mourn the loss of the coffee table. A very happy little boy. Christmas would have been a disaster without it, he made sure it was the only thing on his letter to Father Christmas, he didn't want to take any chances he'd get something else on the list instead: his school friends said it was so expensive he had no chance! Personally I prefer Lego Technic cars, tractors, forklifts and so on and I live in hope my son one day invites me to help him assemble a differential or some tricky suspension, but it is an impressive set and having to navigate around it many times each day will be good exercise.Play Experiencerating.prefix3rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix3rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix5rating.postfixBuild Time: 12 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- about 2 months agorating.prefix4rating.postfixStruck by LightningKevmiester | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis is a good set and has many play features. Some of them do not show up on the Lego website, so it was fun to build it while figuring out what exactly I was building. This set has many parts not found in other Minecraft sets such as an electric creeper, a black sheep, and a golden apple among many other things. Lego has been listening to the customers and has made this set incredibly sturdy. The instruction booklet even includes pictures of all the ways to carry it. There's an elevator for a mine cart in this set. Although elevators in Minecraft exist, one for a mine cart would be impossible, so you have to use your imagination a bit. I appreciate the modular design for the rails and how it's compatible with The Nether Railway (another Minecraft set), but the mine cart in The Nether Railway works better than the one provided in this set, however this one can fit more than just a player. I also appreciate the light brick that can be placed in many locations. One of the locations is behind a pumpkin to make it look like a jack o lantern, but it would have been nicer if the pumpkin had the texture of a jack o lantern as so many pumpkins have already been released. Many creepers have been released, too, so it was nice that this one was special.Play Experiencerating.prefix4rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix4rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix4rating.postfixBuild Time: 6 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45
- 14 days agorating.prefix4rating.postfixLego Mountain CaveClarence | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis set is great, I liked the little first night shelter that is hidden away, the armour stand piece and the new mobs! What I like especially is the fact that you can change the charged creeper into a normal creeper. the minecart track is great, but the cart can get stuck or fall off though and also the elevator sometimes jams at a certain point and I like in the back you can pull out a diamond block and pull the lava flow across the track. The light brick is a great feature but would have included more so you don't have to constantly change it around. The minifigures are splendid, with the two new wolves, the little bats, the spider spawner which works quite well, the newly coloured sheep and the slime, which you can split and drop out two small slimes! Finally I like how you can configure the landscape and change the minecart track around so it is a big loop around the entire set and also the set looks great from the back which sometimes doesn't happen. This set is great!Play Experiencerating.prefix5rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix3rating.postfixBuild Time: 3 days 8 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?45