- LEGO® Power Functions Train Motor
Item 1 of 1
Item 1 of 1
Item 1 of 1
Item 1 of 1
LEGO® Power Functions Train Motor
Available nowLEGO® Power Functions Train Motor4.45520.
Average rating4.5out of 5 stars
Power down the tracks!
- VIP Points
Send your train roaring down the track! Lay out your tracks, then add this LEGO® Power Functions Train Motor to your train engine, combined with the required parts, and you’re ready to roll!
- Includes wheels and cross axles
- Use with #8878 LEGO® Power Functions Rechargeable Battery Box to have on-train speed control
- Requires #8878 LEGO Power Functions Rechargeable Battery Box or #8881 LEGO Power Functions Battery Box
- Use with #8884 LEGO Power Functions IR Receiver and #8879 LEGO Power Functions IR Speed remote control to build a remote controlled train
95% would recommend this product.
Overall RatingAverage rating4.5out of 5 stars
Play ExperienceAverage rating4.7out of 5 stars
Level of DifficultyAverage rating2.1out of 5 stars
Value for MoneyAverage rating3.9out of 5 stars
1 of 5
- 17 days agoAverage rating5out of 5 starsGet The Remote AlsoKIJohn | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!I bought this and the battery pack. The train went so fast it flew off the tracks. I attached a video of when I got the remote. It controls speed and can back up. I reviewed the other purchases and I think you should get all 4 items.Level of DifficultyAverage rating1out of 5 starsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- 14 days agoAverage rating5out of 5 starsYou Need To Get Two of These!OmniPotent42 | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!This motor is okay by itself in either the 10219 Maersk Train or in a custom train of yours. But if you REALLY want to see your train go, get 2 motors as well as the 8869 Power Functions Control Switch. (In the Maersk Train, you will have to take out some bricks to fit the switch, but it doesn't show at all on the outside.) This will allow you to put 2 motors on your train, and lets one motor run forward while the other runs backward, all while using the same knob for the throttle. A $15 upgrade TOTALLY worth it. Using one motor, you get decent torque and traction, and good top speed. However, on speed 1 it can't really get around turns and slows down a lot on turns in the higher speeds. It also starts to slow down when you add more than 2 cars. But if you add a second motor, your train will be able to pull EXPONENTIALLY more cars, and even reach a higher top speed while pulling cars. In fact, you may want to not use the top speed, because sometimes the locomotive will uncouple from the rest of the train while moving, and if the locomotive is pushing cars, it has the tendency to push them off the track on curves. If you want to use the train on the top speed, use cars with low centers of gravity (like the ones that come with the Maersk Train). The only reason you wouldn't want this cheap upgrade is if you don't have many cars. I have tested the train with all of my 7 cars (and I want to test it with even more!!!!!), and it runs just as well as it does with only one motor pulling two cars. Overall, it's the best upgrade you can get for your train.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 starsValue for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 starsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- about 1 month agoAverage rating5out of 5 starsPower that Train!snowboarder68 | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!I purchased this for the winter train and Im really happy now my train has power! Its good that you can still use the trains wheels with this and the spare ones I got with this item I made another train so it worked out good Thanks legoPlay ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 starsLevel of DifficultyAverage rating1out of 5 starsValue for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 starsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- 4 months agoAverage rating5out of 5 starsGood :)FredFerreira84 | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfIt's well built and reliable, just still looks it has ancient technology so Lego could think of getting new motorised systems for the future. I works fine but still on batteries. The Horizon Express train CREATOR EXPERT SET doesn't come with power functions included so had to buy it. I found it too expensive, you could have made a Pack set for this and all other equipment with the train above mentioned.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 starsLevel of DifficultyAverage rating1out of 5 starsValue for MoneyAverage rating1out of 5 starsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
1 of 5