- LEGO® Power Functions IR Remote Control
Item 1 of 1
Item 1 of 1
Item 1 of 1
Item 1 of 1
LEGO® Power Functions IR Remote Control
Available nowLEGO® Power Functions IR Remote Control4.6098541.
Average rating4.6out of 5 stars
Ultimate control over your LEGO® Power Functions creations!
- VIP Points
Build a LEGO® Power Functions IR receiver, battery box and motors into your LEGO creations, then use this handy remote control to start, stop, change direction and more!
- The LEGO Power Functions IR Remote Control system operates on 4 different channels enabling the use of 4 models being controlled at the same time.
- Control up to 8 different LEGO Power Functions with one remote by connecting 2 LEGO Power Functions to 4 different receivers each.
- The reaching distance of the infra-red RC system is at least 30' (10m).
- Requires IR Receiver (Item #8884), not included.
- Requires 3 AAA (1.5V) batteries, not included.
90% would recommend this product.
Overall RatingAverage rating4.6out of 5 stars
Play ExperienceAverage rating4.7out of 5 stars
Level of DifficultyAverage rating1.9out of 5 stars
Value for MoneyAverage rating4.3out of 5 stars
1 of 11
- 3 months agoAverage rating5out of 5 starsAwesomely Featured RemoteD2ARK |I would recommend this to a friend!From the standpoint of an electrical engineer, this remote is easily one of the best bargains for model control I've seen in a while: 1) Two Rocker Switches - for enabling forward, stop, and reverse on two different, independent control line schemes. Each switch also has axle-holes for creating your own custom "joystick". 2) Rotation Reverse Switches - to enable instant reversing of motor rotational direction without needing to re-gear a model. 3) Signal Channel Selection - allowing the use of up to four remotes per model, for a total of 8 rocker switches to enable various motor controls. 4) LEGO System Form Integration - with a plate-style bottom, and Technic hole-beams on each side, this enables building a custom controller to suit the builder's and model's needs and style. The only drawbacks are the battery life (which is good, but less than I would have personally liked) and the range (control gets fuzzy about a room-length away), although the range could be low batteries, also... However, for the amount of easy-to-learn and understand features, easily configurable as needed, even on the fly, this little remote is definitely an awesome value if you want to control mobile, working models. :)Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 starsValue for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 starsWas this helpful?55
- about 1 month agoAverage rating5out of 5 starsNo Really, about the BatteriesNeonKitten | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfDO NOT use Duracell, for some reason they just don't work. It's an odd thing to have to say, but, I got this item brand new off the website, plugged in brand new batteries, Duracell, and, Nothing, Nada, Zip, Zilch. Hit the controls and the green light didn't so much as flicker. (Batteries were brand new) Went to the store, grabbed some Rayovac Batteries, plugged them in, and works great! No clue why... It's just a thing... get other batteries and you'll be fine!Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 starsValue for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 starsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- 3 months agoAverage rating5out of 5 starsTip for Power FunctionsKarynC | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonI ordered 3 of the power functions for my son for Christmas. Couldn't get this one to work, phoned the help line; turns out Duracell brand batteries tend not to work in Lego battery-powered items. Switched to another brand and voila, works like a charm!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 starsLevel of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 starsValue for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 starsBuilding Experience: Novice LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- about 8 hours agoAverage rating5out of 5 starsGreat remote controlprophetofdoom | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!This handset works very well for anything except trains, because of its lack of speed control. For cars and other non-variable contraptions, this remote would be a great starter to RC Lego. Controls are very simple and easy to learn. Extremely easy to use and reasonably priced, I recommend this set to every Lego fan!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 starsLevel of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 starsValue for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 starsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
1 of 11