Perform a daring helicopter rescue before the shark gets too close!
- VIP Points
Be a part of the fearless LEGO® City coast guard crew on the Heavy-duty Rescue Helicopter, featuring sliding doors on the sides, opening ramp in the back with space for the included water scooter, 2-minifigure cockpit and a rotating crane arm with lowering winch. This fun set also includes a lighthouse, shipwreck and a kayak with paddle, plus 4 minifigures and a shark figure.
- Build a Heavy-Duty Rescue Helicopter with spinning rotors so the Coast Guard can complete their high-flying mission!
- Includes 1 female and 2 male Coast Guard members, a kayaker, plus a shark figure
- LEGO City building toys are compatible with all LEGO construction sets for creative building
- Heavy-Duty Rescue Helicopter measures over 5 inches high, 15 inches long, and 3 inches wide
- 415 pieces – For boy and girls between the ages of 6 and 12 years old
- 2 months agoAverage rating5out of 5 starsGreat size and fun build.LegoManDC | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfTo start with, I am a big fan of full sized (i.e. multi-pilot) lego aircraft. They are just more realistic. While this set is fairly diravitve of 7738 (an all time favorite of mine), the helicopter is an improvement because it has a brick built tail and floor, sliding side doors, a rear ramp, and a better hoist mechanism. It's a nice build with a few simple, yet satisfying SNOT techniques. A great set for those who want to move on to something a little more challenging than your basic build but it is still appropriate for the age range. The minor improvements that could be made on the helicopter are a better landing gear and a mechanism to keep the side doors from falling open. Overall, a fantastic set!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 starsLevel of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 starsValue for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 starsBuild Time: 1 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- 2 months agoAverage rating4out of 5 starsAmazing helicopter!gsom7 | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: Self(I'm adult Lego fan and to me it's important that set looks like realistic model, for my City Legorama.) Very interesting helicopter build. Minifigs - love that pilot with mustaches, LOL XD, real macho man. And that macho man has two female assistants! That is cool. What is not cool, in fact, I really do not like it that guy that they are rescuing has almost the same legs and torso as pilot, 4/5. Vehicle - first that water scooter, it doesn't feel right. It's kinda strange, driver standing, passenger is siting on the engine. And beside the engine it looks like are missing two bricks. 3/5 That Chopper is breath taking! It is really amazing. I remember my first Lego set, as a kid, was Flame Chaser 6531, helicopter, that is, like, 1/8 of this "monster", 5/5! (I did take off that horizontal antenna, too much) Accessories - hm, really not much beside paddle, 2/5 Animals - shark, 4/5. I would put here shark like in set 71042 (but whole) and in white color - great white shark attack! There is a lighthouse and shipwreck in microscale, bad 1/5. It would be better that came with buoy (same size). Overall, do not like that so big helicopter is rescuing man in kayak. It needs to be something bigger (sailboat, yacht, fishing boat...). This set is wort because of that great build and great looking helicopter. It has space in cockpit for pilot and co-pilot, 8-wide, that is realistic model! 4/5 (I would like to see shorter helicopter without sliding doors with 2 + 2 seating space instead of one seat helicopters) P.S. Lego, you have 8-wide sets with driver and co-driver (pilot and co-pilot) of helicopters (60166, 60046, 7738), trucks (31085, 60061, 7998,...), vans (31079, 31052) and it is time for 8-wide planes and trains. You have 6-wide trains for 40 years, it's time for change. And 8-wide cars with 6-wide cabins like 70906 and other cars in The LEGO Batman Movie.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 starsLevel of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 starsValue for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 starsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45
- 2 months agoAverage rating4out of 5 starsTotally Coastal!knyghtbyte | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI've decided to review this product, mainly as a comparison to the 'Bus Station' set that has also just been released, at the same price point. Where the 'Bus Station' failed to bring home it's titular concept, 'Heavy Duty Rescue Helicoptor' lives up to it's nomenclature fantastically! The set consists of the aforementioned chopper, a buoy sized lighthouse, a jet ski and a mad kayakist! The buoy/lighthouse is a slightly strange item and to be honest could probably have been left out, with more detail going to either the jet ski or the chopper. The canoeist may well have simply wandered too far out of the jungle explorers territory, but the mini fig for it has a nice hairpiece, so I'm prepared to overlook it not really being a maritime rescue opportunity. The jet ski has a fairly simple approach, but carries enough detail for a City set that I was quite happy with it, more so for the fact it can slide in to the back of the chopper. Finally, we 'get to the chopper; and I'm pleased to say this is a lovely build, with some interesting and new (to me at least) methods of construction. The sliding door mechanism is simple yet mostly effective, although as another review states, is prone to sliding open a little too easily. The cockpit has a couple of nicely printed slopes and the rotors are a nice, balanced, freespinning design. I'm happy to rate this set quite highly on the principle it provided the level of build and quantity of brick at the price it has been set. It far out does the 'Bus Station' at the same price point, providing plenty of play options and even display level quality (from a City perspective) Ps, ignore my build time, as with most of my builds, I usually do it watching TV, so cannot confirm how long I actually spend doing it.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 starsLevel of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 starsValue for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 starsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?45
- 2 months agoAverage rating4out of 5 starsBetter Than The Last OneLegoTucker | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!I was highly anticipating the release of this set because I was looking forward to getting a bigger, more heavy heli for my city and also one to take the place of the previous coast guard helicopter from about 4 years ago. In my opinion, this helicopter looks very good on display and looks quite a bit more realistic than other city helicopters, probably because of the wider build and brick built cockpit section (rather than a pre-fabricated canopy piece). This helicopter has a good amount of space inside, only when the jet ski is removed. I decided to keep the jet ski out and instead place a stretcher bed inside, because it seemed a bit more practical to me and made the space a lot more usable. Also, the side doors tend to slide open on their own, but I fix that by pressing the railing piece above them on a bit more tightly. One issue I havent fixed, however, is that the winch system feels a bit stiff and tough to turn. Besides the heli, the side build is fine, and I like the kayak piece. Overall a fun set with a few, mostly fixable quirks.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 starsLevel of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 starsValue for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 starsBuild Time: 1 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?45