All aboard Steamboat Willie to celebrate Mickey Mouse’s birthday!
- VIP Points
Disney Mickey Mouse fans will love this LEGO® Ideas 21317 Steamboat Willie building toy marking the 90th anniversary of the most famous cartoon character ever. Mickey Mouse made his screen debut in a 1928 black-and-white animated short film called ‘Steamboat Willie', which was also the first Disney film to have synchronized sound. This LEGO brick version of the S.S. Willie features steam pipes that move up and down and paddle wheels that rotate when the boat is pushed along. The boat's bridge has room for a minifigure and play-inspiring nautical details such as the ship’s wheel, life buoy and buildable bell. On deck there is a working crane to lift the ‘potato bin’ cargo aboard and this unique toy building set comes with new-for-April-2019 Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse minifigures, each with special silver-colored decoration, plus a parrot figure. An ideal LEGO set for kids and adults to recreate scenes from the original Mickey Mouse cartoon or simply build and display this striking monochrome model.
- Build and display this collectible LEGO® set or recreate your favorite scenes from the classic Disney Mickey Mouse cartoon, ‘Steamboat Willie’.
- This unique toy building set includes 2 new-for-April-2019 minifigures: Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse, each with silver-colored decoration, plus Mickey Mouse's parrot figure.
- The iconic Steamboat Willie boat features a black-and-white color scheme, hidden wheels, moving steam pipes, rotating paddle wheels, adjustable crane and assorted elements including the ‘S.S. Willie’ boat name sign, ‘1928’ year sign and a ‘potato bin’.
- The boat’s bridge has space for a minifigure, a brick-built bell and assorted elements including the ship’s wheel and life buoy.
- The 2 steam pipes move up and down and the 2 paddle wheels rotate when the boat is pushed along.
- Accessory elements include Minnie Mouse's guitar and music sheet.
- This LEGO® Ideas creative toy building set comes with a booklet with building instructions, fun facts about the historic 1928 animated Disney short film ‘Steamboat Willie’, and information about this awesome retro set’s fan creator and LEGO designers.
- Steamboat Willie toy boat measures over 5” (15cm) high, 10” (26cm) long and 5” (14cm) wide.
- 4 days agorating.prefix5rating.postfixA true original!Brickjam | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfFirst I want to say this is only the 2nd review I have been compelled to write, for anything! This set is so true to the classic form from the classic film! What a brilliant way to celebrate Micky's 90th anniversay. The the monochrome coloring while basic, brings the set alive, along with the smokestacks and paddle wheels for playability Don't be fooled this set is very colorful indeed! I took my time with the buid with many breaks. Although not difficult, the build is more interesting than meet the eye as well! Its mechanical engineering keeps inerest high, and repitition low! Bravo to the designers! I scored an Ideas 24th error box so bravo to LEGO as well for proving we are all human, and can make mistakes! We all know LEGO quality is top of the line regardless of a silly typo, and the mistake was caught fast! Thank you LEGO for releasing an awesome collectors set for Disney, LEGO, Micky, and "Typo First Edition" fans. There is no mistake in LEGO's and Disney's Steamboat WIlly set at all! Thanks for yet another great release!Play Experiencerating.prefix5rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix4rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix5rating.postfixBuild Time: 7 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- about 19 hours agorating.prefix5rating.postfixAwesome Set! Fun to Build and Play With!LarryF | 55-64I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis is a great iconic set with Mickey as Steamboat Willie and Minnie Mouse. Easy to build, love how the smokestacks move up and down and the paddle wheels turn as you roll the boat!Play Experiencerating.prefix5rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix5rating.postfixBuild Time: 2 daysBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- 7 days agorating.prefix5rating.postfixGreat Classic Disney IconI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis was a great set to acquire for my collection. It looks great next to my other Steamboat Willie Disney products and the playability is a lot of fun too. This is a must have for any Disney/Mickey fan. I would love to see more ideas like this.Play Experiencerating.prefix5rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix3rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix4rating.postfixBuild Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- about 4 hours agorating.prefix5rating.postfixSolution To Stuck Smoke StackPirateTad | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfFirst of all I want to say that I LOVE this set. I voted for it on LEGO Ideas and was very happy it was selected for production. However, I had the problem that others have had with the rear smoke stack sticking. I tried the solution provided by LEGO: Gently lift the boat by the stuck smoke stack and set it back down. But it did not work for me. So I partially disassembled the boat to get to the section that surrounds the base of the rear smoke stack to see what the problem was. The parts assembled in Step 109 (pg. 114 of the instructions) seem to be putting too much pressure on the smoke stack base. I found that if I removed Part 4597131 (white 1x4 plate with 2 studs) that is installed in Step 110 (pg. 115), that I could make slight adjustments to the Step 109 parts. This allowed the smoke stack to move freely. I carefully reassemble the set without this part while making sure the smoke stack continued move freely as I went. Once complete, you cannot tell this part has been removed and the smoke stack moves as it should. I know this is not a perfect solution, but it work for me. Hopefully it will help others too.Build Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55