- LEGO® Iconic Chess Set
LEGO® Iconic Chess Set
Temporarily out of stockLEGO® Iconic Chess Set4.4545522.
Earn Double VIP Points on every purchase, limited time only!
Build your own chess set… then start playing!
- VIP Points
- 129VIP Points
The VIP Points value shown is an estimate and actual points will be calculated when you check out.
Use classic LEGO® bricks to build your own chess board and then build all the playing pieces too. This set is ideal to take and play wherever you like, as the pieces store conveniently inside the board. It can also be used to play checkers.
- Includes a buildable chessboard and buildable playing pieces.
- Board opens to store all the playing pieces inside.
- Can also be used to play checkers.
- This set includes over 1,400 pieces.
- Board measures over 10” (26cm) square.
- about 2 months agorating.prefix5rating.postfixAmazing setBobafettMaquarie | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!If you love chess, and love legos this is by far a must have and a steal. It comes with a lot of pieces and offers a ton of replay value if your in a chess club or have friends and family that like to play. Best part it's two games in one checkers comes with it too. It's super easy to put together With the help of one friend he and I had it together in roughly one hour 45 mins to two hours it's a lot of pieces for the price you'll pay it should be a 199.99 set, but lego is practically giving the set away at 54.99 what are you waiting for go get it now. I also want to point out I got a free lego car with this purchase I thought that set was awesome too. I'm a chessboard collector and a collector of lego sets and I'm telling you this set is absolutely beautiful when it's all put together. It's stunning. Even if you don't play chess or checkers this set is still worth having just to add more pieces to your tubs or totes of legos. Or to leave out on a coffee table for display for invited guests in your home to gander at.Play Experiencerating.prefix5rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix2rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix5rating.postfixBuild Time: 1 hrs 45 minsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- 9 days agorating.prefix5rating.postfixExcellent valuejordyb | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI love having a lego set with so much replay value. The build was straight forward. We really enjoyed modifying the chess pieces to make them smaller/more streamlined (i.e. easier for gameplay/maneuverability) without losing out on some of the very pretty detailing (the knight’s horse ears are adorable, and the bishop is particularly cleverly constructed). Amazing value for the number of pieces. We’ve played several games on it so far and everything holds up very well. The storage aspect of it is also quite clever/appreciated. Overall, as two lego and chess geeks, we’re very satisfied.Play Experiencerating.prefix5rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix3rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix5rating.postfixBuild Time: 3 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- 9 days agorating.prefix5rating.postfixChess boardRuby | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!My son and I enjoyed building this set. It took us several hours. Being able to use it to play a game of chess after was a bonus.Play Experiencerating.prefix5rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix4rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix4rating.postfixWas this helpful?55
- about 2 months agorating.prefix4rating.postfix"Check and mate. Now king me!" -H SimpsonMasterBuilder84 | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!I love that Lego finally came out with a generic chess/checkers combo set. As others have said it makes a great coffee table/conversation piece. Great utility to this set; all the pieces stow nicely below the playing surface with room to spare. While the patterns are a little redundant to build, the base is very sturdy; the ability to split it in half for more compact storage is a nice touch. The chess pieces are nicely designed with the right amount of detail, are sturdy, and have a little weight to them, without easily tipping over. The price to parts ratio is much more tolerable than some of the other themed chess-only sets. I do wish a little more thought was put into the checkers portion. A single-stud connector would have been nice for the tops, to allow “kinged” pieces to stay together. A couple extra checkers would have been nice to have too, as those are the easiest pieces to lose.18 April 2017Haley - Consumer Service Specialist, Consumer ServicesThis is great feedback to bring forth to the designers! If you'd like to make some modifications you mentioned above or replace some of the lost elements you can always check out our Pick a Brick selection. There are lots of great pieces there you can use to enhance your build. The designers will appreciate your feedback!Play Experiencerating.prefix4rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix1rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix5rating.postfixBuild Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?45