Retired ProductFormula Off-Roader4.625516.
Take on mountainous terrain with the LEGO® Technic Formula Off-Roader!
Power over mountainous terrain with the sturdy LEGO® Technic Formula Off-Roader! Featuring a fresh lime green and blue color scheme, huge deep-tread tires mounted on cool lime green rims, working steering, robust chassis, hinged cab cage, large roof-mounted spotlights and a detailed 4-cylinder engine with moving pistons. This realistic model with super-rugged suspension is geared up for the toughest off-road action! Rebuilds into a high-speed Muscle Racer.
- Features working steering, robust chassis, hinged cab cage, huge tires, vertical exhaust pipes, large roof-mounted spotlights and a detailed 4-cylinder engine with moving pistons
- Fresh lime green and blue color scheme
- Check out the lime green rims
- Open the cab cage
- Cruise over rough terrain!
- 2-in-1 model: rebuilds into a Muscle Racer
- Formula Off-Roader measures over 5” (15cm) high, 11” (29cm) long and 7” (20cm) wide
- Muscle Racer measures over 4” (12cm) high, 11” (28cm) long and 8” (21cm) wide
- 3 months agoAverage rating5out of 5 starsGreat build. Formula Off-RoaderMrPaulo23 | 19-24I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis is my first official Technic set for 2015, got it from Toys R Us because I'm on hurry to have one, anyway built it off the bat very cool looking set, it has no power functions whatsoever but it's main core is just being a Technic set for a starter that's what I think it is and by far the set has stood to it, from the moving pistons to the sturdy suspension system. having the humongous Unimog sets I always put my sets to the Unimog scale this one is just about to scale from that set, well it is actually close to the Unimog's scale. It is RWD but a big thing but would have been cooler if it was a 4WD set and it's a four banger again not a big deal considering the lightweight design of the set. Pretty sturdy (I tried dropping it vertically on an acceptable height and surprisingly it's very intact), overall the choice of lime green and light blue for the color scheme works pretty well and the stickers which have a metallic touch to it adds to the coolness factor. thats for my pros, now for the cons the underbody is somewhat not so strong so if you have spare parts (which I assume for adult collectors like me, lots of spare parts), you might want to reinforce the chassis thats just it, its a fantastic set just for its looks and its very customizable.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 starsLevel of DifficultyAverage rating1out of 5 starsValue for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 starsBuild Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- 7 months agoAverage rating4out of 5 starsChangeableFMCF | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfWho knows the Iceland formula off road cars knows that the car engines have about 1200 HP and are V8, I hope Lego are not mad at me for making the changes that are in the photographs. Otherwise I think the car is nice...and changeable.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 starsLevel of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 starsValue for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 starsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45
- 7 months agoAverage rating5out of 5 starsA wonderful, full-featured off-roaderLegoFan1973 | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI have always been a fan of Technic's large off-roaders and supercars, the 42037 Formula Off-Roader may be a medium-sized model, but has all the features of a much more pricey car or truck set. You get 4-wheel fully independent suspension with tie rods, steering links, ball joints. CV joints, shock absorbers and wheel hubs, along with an in-line 4-cylinder engine linked to a driveshaft going to a rear differential that drives the rear wheels. It is a great education for young builders to learn the mechanics of a real car/truck. I happen to be a fan of the lime color, and it blends perfectly with the contrasting medium blue body panels. Be warned, the set has a LOT of stickers, but without applying them the model looks rather plain. If applied correctly, they should stay put for a long time as the stickers seem to be of good quality. Also, in comparison to looking at the set box, the 42037 is much larger than one would think when assembled. The alternate model also is a very handsome racing vehicle, but some of the stickers end up upside down and look odd. If you can pick up another set to build the alternate model, it looks better without stickers on some of the panels. This set is being discontinued and at the time of review is out of stock on the Lego Shop@Home website. If you can find one for retail price I'd snap it up, Lego's designers did a magnificent job on this model.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 starsValue for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 starsBuild Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- 27 days agoAverage rating2out of 5 starsWhere's the instructions for the motorspaulgpetty | 45-54Purchased for: SonI bought 3 Technic sets & 1 motor set last Christmas. This is by far the coolest looking set of the 3 ... that's where the fun stops because adding a motor requires patience searching the internet and this site for instructions. I've seen & watched a bunch of videos demonstrating completed RC projects ... looks like that'd be cool to do ... but Lego WHERE ARE THOSE INSTRUCTIONS??? Can't rate this or any Technic set as worth it.28 October 2016Jonathan, Consumer Service Specialist, LEGO® Consumer ServicesI agree, this is definitely one of the coolest looking kits we have. The best part of the technic line is how creative you can be to create something of your own and incorporate it into the initial design. Some sets don't have instructions because the designers didn't have the intention of incorporating them. But as we all know and love, our only limitation is our imagination!Play ExperienceAverage rating2out of 5 starsLevel of DifficultyAverage rating5out of 5 starsValue for MoneyAverage rating1out of 5 starsBuild Time: 1 hrsWas this helpful?25