- VIP Points
- 34VIP Points
The VIP Points value shown is an estimate and actual points will be calculated when you check out.
The digital EV3 Ultrasonic Sensor generates sound waves and reads their echoes to detect and measure distance from objects. It can also send single sound waves to work as sonar or listen for a sound wave that triggers the start of a program. Students could design a traffic-monitoring system and measure distances between vehicles, for instance. There is an opportunity to discover how the technology is used in everyday items like automatic doors, cars and manufacturing systems.
- Measures distances between one and 250 cm (one to 100 in.)
- Accurate to +/- 1 cm (+/- .394 in.)
- Front illumination is constant while emitting and blinks while listening
- Returns true if other ultrasonic sound is recognized
- Auto-ID is built into the EV3 software
- about 1 month agorating.prefix5rating.postfixReally usefull stuff!LowiekVDS | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfIf you bought the EV3 home set, then buy this sensor with it. It's so usefull for a lot of things. I know the IR-Sensor can do this too but it can't do it well enough because it's not made for doing this! Really get this thing because you are going to love it!!!!Play Experiencerating.prefix5rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix3rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix5rating.postfixBuild Time: 1 minsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- about 1 month agorating.prefix4rating.postfixNot as accurate as the product specificationFanOfTechnic | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI just got this and I found that it doesn't live up to the specification. It seems like it can only work with 1 inch distance to 100 inch distances. It doesn't work with 1 cm distance as mentioned in the spec "Measures distances between one and 250 cm (one to 100 in.) ". Also, less than 1 cm...Building Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?45
- 7 days agorating.prefix1rating.postfixITS NOT ACCURATEPurchased for: SelfI'm doing some fll stuff and I need an ultrasonic sensor but when my parents purchased it I tried programing it and used online tutorials and stuff but IT DOESN'T WORK!! They even shipped me a brick from a totally different series! WHAT?! When I put my hand near it the thing reads 255 cm!! I try having it stop when it reaches a place but as long as its a tiny bit off it doesn't work. Both "eyes" have to detect the thing so you have to be crystal clear. Also, the gyro sensor turns 90 degrees when you set it to 80.Play Experiencerating.prefix1rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix5rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix3rating.postfixWas this helpful?15
- 23 days agorating.prefix4rating.postfixItsMe | 19-24Cool! it is cool yeah cool its very cheap to...Was this helpful?45