Pull awesome wheelies with the high-powered Drag Racer!
Wheelie from the start line to the finish with the high-powered Drag Racer, featuring a vivid-blue and black color scheme with flame stickers, working steering and a detailed V8 engine with moving pistons. The body shell of this is robust 2-in-1 LEGO® Technic model can be lifted to reveal the chassis, exhaust pipes and working transmission. Upgrade with the 8293 Power Functions motor set (not supplied) for motorized driving and wheelie functionality. Rebuild into a Supercharged Dragster for a double build-and-play experience.
- Features a huge, detailed V8 engine with moving pistons, working steering, huge rear tires, giant rear spoiler and large exhaust pipes.
- Check out the vivid-blue and black color scheme with flame stickers.
- Raise the body shell to reveal the detailed chassis, exhaust pipes and working transmission.
- Activate the wheelie function to pull long wheelies!
- Upgrade with the 8293 LEGO® Power Functions set (not included) for motorized driving and wheelie functionality.
- This LEGO® Technic model is designed to provide an immersive and rewarding building experience.
- Appropriate for children aged 10 to 16.
- 2-in-1 model: rebuilds into a Supercharged Dragster.
- Drag Racer measures over 5” (13cm) high, 18” (46cm) long and 6” (16cm) wide.
- Drag Racer reaches over 9” (25cm) high in wheelie position.
- Supercharged Dragster measures over 7” (19cm) high, 23” (60cm) long and 7” (18cm) wide
- 9 months agoAverage rating5out of 5 starsExcellent build. Larger than expectedFordSVT | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: Friend or Family Member's ChildI'm 43 and I've been building with Legos since I was in Kindergarten. They just never get old. My nephew who just turned 11 has been building Lego sets for the past 3 years. He builds large sets very fast and I decided to give Him this set for His 11th birthday. I received my first Technic set when I was younger than He is and the challenge made it more satisfying. I rated this very challenging based on His age. Although I observed Him, He built it by himself over a 3 day period. The crankshaft, piston alignment and building the timing chain gave Him some trouble. But He eventually got it. Once we got to the body assembly, He flew through it and finished. The finished build is excellent. It's larger than measurements make it sound. The Pistons churning and the timing chain spinning when the car is pushed is an amazing feature. It's all combined through the driveline like a real car. The body raises and can be locked into position that way. The car also has an adjustable knob to raise the whole car into a wheelie as high as you like or until you hit the wheelie bar. Both poses make for excellent display. Overall, this build was a blast for both of us. It's the longest I've ever seen Him stay away from video games. He said this was His favorite Lego set ever. And He has a lot. I liked the finished build so much, I added one to my bag for an addition to my next Lego purchase.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 starsLevel of DifficultyAverage rating5out of 5 starsValue for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 starsBuild Time: 7 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- about 3 years agoAverage rating5out of 5 starsDragsterSquadDriver | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!I received this as a gift, and I wasn't sure about it. I had seen it on the shelves, and frankly, I didn't think it was worth the asking price. As it turned out, the person who gave me this gift actually could have gotten it much cheaper, but didn't. As I started my build, I was more and more intrigued by this set. It was a little bigger than expected, and a whole lot more fun. The color scheme is really nice with the light blue. The stickers add to the realism and overall look of the car. After building that monster engine complete with a (serpentine? timing?) belt, I was hooked. Just like real funny cars, the car is built around the massive engine. Real funny cars have a body as kind of an after thought. I think this car captures exactly what a funny car is - a giant engine with wheels made to look like a car. As it sits on my printer, I keep looking up to admire it. The fun factor is high. The nice looking body "shell" covers a car that looks to be all business. The giant engine is showcased well, and springs to life when the car rolls forward. In conclusion, I'm kind of glad my gift giver paid full price. My hope is the extra money goes to Lego to keep producing top of the line Technic sets. This is a winner in my book.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 starsLevel of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 starsValue for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 starsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- 4 months agoAverage rating5out of 5 starsQuite alrightEvilGuyMk2 | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfA lot of fun. Not too challenging to build, but fun to toy with. I loved being able to prop up the body, the fact that adding a power functions motor makes it a motorised dragster just lights me up. The massive working V8 engine with the blower completes it. Great set, not one I'd get bored of.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 starsLevel of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 starsValue for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 starsBuild Time: 5 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- 4 months agoAverage rating5out of 5 starsDrag RacerOslo53 | 55-64I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis is a challenging model with plenty of mechanical features that add to the fun. The fact that this "drag racer" can be built as either a "funny car" or, with downloaded instructions, as a top fuel "rail", is pretty cool, too. Instructions are also included to motorize the kit using an optional Power Functions electric motor. Both thumbs way up on this one.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 starsLevel of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 starsValue for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 starsBuild Time: 6 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55