Retired ProductCrawler Crane4.8095542.
Move gigantic loads with the LEGO® Technic Crawler Crane!
Make way for the powerful LEGO® Technic Crawler Crane! This huge, robust 2-in-1 model comes with an array of realistic details and exciting features. Activate the included Power Functions motor and use the joysticks to operate the boom, raise and lower the claw, rotate the superstructure and drive the huge caterpillar tracks that maneuver this mighty machine! Includes an authentic double winch and pulley system with extensive cabling, working claw, detailed cab with tilt function, exhaust pipe and a ventilation grill. You can also extend the boom for even greater height! A cool blue and white color scheme adds the finishing touch to this awesome model. Rebuilds into a huge Mobile Tower Crane!
- Features Power Functions motorized boom, winch, superstructure and caterpillar tracks
- Also features an opening claw, tilting cab, extendable boom, extensive cabling and a realistic exhaust pipe and ventilation grid
- Check out the cool blue and white color scheme
- Activate the huge crawler tracks!
- Rotate the massive superstructure!
- Lift the boom!
- Lower the claw!
- 2-in-1 model: rebuilds into a Mobile Tower Crane
- Crawler Crane measures over 24” (61cm) high, 13” (33cm) long and 7” (20cm) wide
- Mobile Tow er Crane measures over 25” (64cm) high, 22” (56cm) long and 8” (22cm) wide
- 4 months agoAverage rating5out of 5 starsGreat Technic additionMugera1952 | 55-64I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfEnjoyed the challenge - Enjoy the functionality - Enjoy the realism - HugePlay ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 starsLevel of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 starsValue for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 starsBuild Time: 5 daysBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- 19 days agoAverage rating3out of 5 starsFun, but I wanted more out of itStephen226k | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThe build was relatively easy and I enjoyed the experience, however like most Lego sets it wasn't enough building it, I needed to make it better. So I carefully deconstructed parts of it to figure out how to make it better, my solution, albeit doesn't match the colour scheme, I think would be a welcome addition to Lego itself. I took the main boom and repositioned it further back and higher up (to use it as a Derrick boom- for counter balance), I then proceeded to raid my extensive Lego collection for the appropriate parts to make a new main boom, and luffing jib (the extension piece at the top of the main boom). After spending almost an hour routing button twill( heavy thread) through all of the pulleys and winch components, it was time to erect.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 starsLevel of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 starsValue for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 starsBuild Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?35
- 20 days agoAverage rating4out of 5 starsAn exciting buildvectorautomobiles | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Had been wanting to get this for Christmas but life got in the way and had to postpone it. However, I was surprised by having it given to me as a present for my birthday, earlier this month. Building the crane was very entertaining, as I love setting up gearboxes and seeing them at work. I also love the color scheme of it, as it's something different than all the yellow cranes from the past. There were, however, some things that needed adjusting, then main culprit being the clutch gear on the grabber winch, for which I felt I needed to detract 1 Brick on this review. With it installed, the crane cannot really lift anything other than very light loads, which seems counter-intuitive given the gearing of the winch itself and the presence of the large PF Motor instead of the Medium one, not to mention given the fact this is supposed to be the main point of the set, to see what you can lift around with it... Fortunately this can be relatively easily fixed, by swapping out the clutch gear with a regular 24-toothed one (by removing some of the rear panel and beam elements of the hull). The result (with a little help from my hand keeping the back of the crane from tilting) can be seen in the attached pictures. Am considering some modifications to make the rear heavier, so that it would be balanced on its own with heavier loads, but for now it's good as it is. I also changed the mounting point of the boom articulation elements 2 studs further up to allow it to sit at a higher position, since it felt a little low by itself (can also be seen in the pictures). Lastly, I had a bunch of leftover transparent elements and pins from other sets, City, Creator and Technic ones, which I used to add some details to the hull, like running lights at the tip and on the white boom panels, warning lights on the sides, an engine bay "servicing light", added some leftover bushings to exposed axles and connectors (especially those ones in the winch area that were kind of just sticking out of the beams..), etc. I'm now really happy with the way it looks and works and have been playing with it (including having it drive around outside) for a month so far and, I'm sure, many more to come :) I'd highly recommend picking one up if you have the opportunity, lots of fun to be had.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 starsLevel of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 starsValue for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 starsBuild Time: 5 hrs 20 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45
- over 3 years agoAverage rating5out of 5 starsmaxxam | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: Selfvery fun build. It was really hard. I think I missed a gear so I will have to go back and redo a part. The string was really hard to wire and my dad had to help me do that. I am excited that it really works and you can pick things up with it!Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 starsLevel of DifficultyAverage rating5out of 5 starsValue for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 starsBuild Time: 5 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55