Rough Terrain Crane
Available nowRough Terrain Crane5512.
We restrict the purchase limit available to a single household to ensure fairness for all of our fans. If you’ve already reached this limit through previous orders, your order may be cancelled.
Reach dizzying heights with the Rough Terrain Crane!
- VIP Points
- 229VIP Points
The VIP Points value shown is an estimate and actual points will be calculated when you check out.
Enjoy an immense build and play experience with the LEGO® Technic™ 42082 Rough Terrain Crane, our largest and tallest LEGO Technic crane to date, pre-August 2018. Activate the Power Functions and select upper or lower crane mode for complete control over an array of easy‑to‑operate, motorized functions. Lower the stabilizer legs, rotate the superstructure through 360°, operate the lifting winch or send the extendable boom a meter into the air. Manual functions include 4-wheel steering, 4-wheel drive, detailed V8 engine with moving pistons and fan, and adjustable wing mirrors, plus a detailed operator’s cab with an opening door. This amazing model also includes 2 opening compartments with tools, chains and a fire extinguisher, plus 4 outrigger landing plates and 4 LEGO Technic building sections that can be lifted and assembled. This 2‑in‑1 LEGO Technic set comes with a red and black color scheme and can be rebuilt to create a Mobile Pile Driver.
- Features a LEGO® Power Functions large motor for controlling the cranes upper and lower functions.
- Select upper and lower crane mode for complete control over an array of easy-to-operate, motorized functions. Lower the stabilizer legs, rotate the superstructure through 360°, operate the lifting winch or send the extendable boom a meter into the air!
- Manual functions include 4-wheel steering, 4-wheel drive, detailed V8 engine with moving pistons and fan, adjustable wing mirrors and an opening cab door.
- Hook up the included LEGO® Technic building sections and put your LEGO crane operator skills to the test!
- Open the door to access the detailed operator’s cab.
- Open the storage compartments to access the chains, tools and fire extinguisher.
- Comes with a red and black color scheme.
- This LEGO® Technic™ Set is designed to provide an immersive and rewarding building experience.
- The largest and tallest LEGO® Technic™ crane to date—pre-August 2018—with more than 4,050 pieces.
- 2-in-1 LEGO® Technic™ Set: rebuilds into a Mobile Pile Driver.
- Rough Terrain Crane measures over 39” (100cm) high, 25” (66cm) long and 10” (26cm) wide in working position, and over 10” (27cm) high, 29” (76cm) long and 7” (20cm) wide in driving position.
- Mobile Pile Driver measures over 9” (24cm) high, 19” (50cm) long and 7” (20cm) wide in driving position.
- about 16 hours agorating.prefix5rating.postfixVery worth the waitSparkyKen | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI went to the Lego store on release date and purchased this set. I spent a couple of hours each night building it. As a crane it is a fitting replacement for 42009, it is more complex and a lot of fun. It has some features which that crane has, some that 42042 has, and it adds a longer boom. Like 42042, everything runs off of one motor and it is a brilliant instruction on how to use one motor to drive multiple systems, this in itself made me like the crane. There is a lot more to like about this besides its elegant use of transmission of power. When I say this is massive, I am not kidding, it is a meter tall with the boom fully extended. However, the build does not feel overwhelming at all. It is well organized into sections. The instructions are split into two books and the parts are sorted into 13 sections. Finding parts this way is not too daunting. Total build time for me was about twenty hours split over three days. The crane lifts more than I thought it would and the spindle winds and unwinds the cable extremely well. This one won't tangle and the cable unwinds and winds back onto the spool by a very clever use of two pulleys that travel on axles. The designer(s) of this crane did a great job. I just wonder if they took into account the two linear actuators being driven by the same axle,the gears travel in opposite directions which means at times one of the linear actuators may have a larger stress on it. All in all, a great flagship model! Thank you designer(s)Play Experiencerating.prefix5rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix3rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix4rating.postfixBuild Time: 2 daysBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- 3 days agorating.prefix5rating.postfix42082 buildNathans08 | 19-24I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfExcellent model, loved building it definitely the biggest one built yet. Certainly value for money & a great improvement on 42009. Many great RC functions, would recommend for anyone who fancy a challenge, can be built in about 12 hrs 32mins. I also think that the building is a lovely added feature to finish off the crane.Play Experiencerating.prefix5rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix4rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix5rating.postfixBuild Time: 12 hrs 32 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- 3 days agorating.prefix5rating.postfixWorth every pennyEndolasher | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI got this as a birthday present, I've been eyeballing it for awhile. The build wasn't much different from other technic sets but the reward at the end is worth it. The height it reaches and the ease of controls are amazing. My 3yr old can operate it. Great features all around and very spot on details.Play Experiencerating.prefix5rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix4rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix5rating.postfixBuild Time: 12 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- 3 days agorating.prefix5rating.postfixSimply epicIanRowley1994 | 19-24I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis has to be one of the best sets ever. The most overwhelming thing is just how easy and user friendly the controls are, especially the steering which is so light and so well designed to move such a large vehicle. This beats all previous cranes, including 42009, hands down.Play Experiencerating.prefix5rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix4rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix5rating.postfixBuild Time: 11 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55