Climb aboard the magical Winter Holiday Train!
- VIP Points
Gather the family for some festive LEGO® building fun with this charming model featuring a full circle of track, boarding platform with bench and lamppost, a Power Functions upgradable train engine with brick-built smoke bellowing from its stack, coal tender, flatbed wagon with a rotating holiday tree, toys and gifts, and a red caboose with a detailed interior and table. The train engine also features large and small red-colored locomotive wheels and the train is decorated with green wreathes, string lights and white tree elements. This LEGO® Creator Expert set includes 5 minifigures.
- Includes 5 minifigures: a locomotive driver, ticket collector, grandmother, boy and a girl.
- The Winter Holiday Train includes 16 curved pieces of track, engine, coal tender, flatbed wagon with holiday tree, toys and gifts, caboose, boarding platform, bench and a lamppost.
- Decorate the Christmas tree and drive the train to see the tree rotate.
- Join the ticket collector in the cozy caboose for a delicious cup of cocoa.
- Gather the family for some festive LEGO® building fun!
- Includes dual building instructions for a perfect family build.
- Accessory elements include green wreathes, decorative lights and white tree pieces, plus wrapped gift elements and tiny brick-built toys, including a micro train, wind-up car, fire truck, remote controlled robot, sailboat and a spaceship.
- Upgrade with LEGO® Power Functions (not included) for a motorized engine.
- To motorize the engine, purchase items 8879, 8884, 88000, and 88002. Instructions can be found in the back of your building instructions.
- Special elements include small and large red train wheels, dark tan windows, train buffers, cow catcher, white tree elements and roller skates.
- This set includes over 700 LEGO® pieces, including 16 curved tracks.
- This set offers an age-appropriate building experience for ages 12+.
- The Holiday Train in total measures over 4” (12cm) high, 20” (52cm) long and 2” (7cm) wide.
- Curved rail track diameter measures over 27” (70cm).
- 14 days agoAverage rating5out of 5 starsJust In-time for the festive holidays.snowboarder68 | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!As a big collector of Lego when I saw this I knew I just had to have it, Im just a big kid at heart when it comes to the festive season. It was quite an easy build, didnt take long and looks really great once finished. I Love the rotating xmas tree as the train moves, this is a nice touch! After I had built it I then thought this would be great if it was motorised and as the instruction booklet had stated you can add power at a later date, that was my next purchase from Lego! I purchased item 88000 battery box, 88002 Train motor, 8879 Remote Control, 884 IR Receiver. Adding the power functions was really easy by following the additional instructions in the booklet, I even added some coal on the top of the battery pack which I think works well (check out my Pictures) I also added an additional Lego led lighting cable that I had, so now the train has lights, super cool. Roll on December so I can try it out under the tree! Enjoy.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 starsLevel of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 starsValue for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 starsBuild Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- about 1 month agoAverage rating4out of 5 starsPlace the motor under the tenderBVG9Volt | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfLego made a beautiful winter train set. It looks good and gives the feeling of the holidays. If you want to motorize it with Power Functions and want to add more rail cars. You should place the motor under the tender and not under the engine (watch photo below). The motor slips over when the motor is placed under the engine. Lego proposes in the building instructions but in my opinion it is not a good idea. Happy Holidays and have fun with the (motorized) Winter Holiday TrainPlay ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 starsLevel of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 starsValue for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 starsBuild Time: 4 daysBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45
- 2 days agoAverage rating5out of 5 starsGreat Addition to Winter Villagenatevoelker | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfEvery year my kids can't wait to put up the Lego Winter Village, and this year they are super excited. This train is great for kids of all ages, and adults too. The power functions are a must. Some have commented that they remove colour, which is true, but it is hardly noticeable. It's going to be a lot of fun figuring out how to incorporate this set into the whole village this year.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 starsValue for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 starsBuild Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- about 2 months agoAverage rating5out of 5 starsGreat setMax5858 | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!This is a fantastic set. It is easy to build and only takes a couple of hours to put together. It will look great under the tree, but you will probably have to buy more tracks. I bought the additional Power Function parts to motorize the train, because, well, TRAIN. (BTW the automation is not required, and pushing the train is just as fun as using the remote.) MODS: Like others who reviewed this set, I found the engine car too light to carry the motor, and experienced slipping of the wheels, especially when I added another car. I took another reviewer's advice and moved the motor to the tender/coal car and moved it to the middle of the train. It then worked perfectly. I also thought the smoke was a little small for the train, so I made that bigger. Like others, I found that the lamps on the last car made putting a full sized minifig on the outside of the car impossible. I compromised by taking the lamp off of the roof and putting it on a gold pole I had in my stock and had the ticket-taker hold this pole/lamp. MORE MODS: After all this, I watched the Polar Express and decided to turn my new train into the Polar Express. I added a couple of kids and put the hobo on top of the additional car, which I made into the toy transport car for the movie. This ended up being a great place to put the toys that you make in the set. I added an area at the front of the train to stand and made the lamp on the engine bigger. This is a super-cool set and I had a blast making all the mods for it. I think it will be a great addition to the North Pole Workshop and Winter Toy Shop.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 starsLevel of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 starsValue for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 starsBuild Time: 2 hrsWas this helpful?55