- Lava Beast
Retired ProductLava Beast554.
Fly the Lava Beast into battle and fight with fire!
The only Elemental Beast in the 2016 LEGO® BIONICLE® series that can fly, this buildable Lava Beast features 2 lava-crystal-like wings and slicing lava blades. Turn the wheel to activate the rotating torso for fast-action combat scenes, but avoid the enemy's strikes to the jaw that will pop off the beast's mask. Power up by popping off the Beast Mask of Corruption and add the corrupted Unity Mask of Tahu to gain the edge in battle.
- Features a BIONICLE® head with mask pop-off trigger, 2 pairs of slicing lava blades, Beast Mask of Corruption, punchable jaw mask pop-off function, lava crystal wings, armor chest piece with unique corruption decoration, and posable claws and joints.
- Open the posable claws and then tighten them around the corrupted Unity Mask of Tahu.
- Pop the trigger of the beast's BIONICLE® head to release the Beast Mask of Corruption and power up with the corrupted Unity Mask of Tahu.
- Turn the wheelto rotate the torso for fast-action play.
- Also includes the corrupted Unity Mask of Tahu.
- Sturdy design for intense crash-and-bash play.
- This set offers an age-appropriate building experience for ages 7-14.
- Stands over 8” (22cm) tall.
- Go to LEGO.com/BIONICLE for building instructions, games, animations and more. Ask your parents' permission before going online.
- 9 months agoAverage rating5out of 5 starsUnleash the Beastdoomurak | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfOnce again LEGO has decided to make a a creature that would live with thousands of it's own species. Lava Beast is supposed to fly? Not with what LEGO calls "wings." I suggest using Ikir's gear box to fix the wings. Lava Beasts are certainly huge, burning, rocky menaces to be reckoned with. The corrupted Mask of Fire can fit well in the beast's hand thanks to the ratchet joints,you just have to play around with it. The new Beast Mask is very interesting , and it gives Lava Beast a very evil appearance. I thought that the jaw piece was good. I think that the overall set was good, and the price reasonable.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 starsValue for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 starsBuild Time: 13 minsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- about 3 years agoAverage rating5out of 5 starsLet Loose the Fires of War!maxfan14 | 19-24I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfLava Beast is supposed to fly, huh? Not with the so-called "wings" he has. But regardless, the Lava Beasts are certainly a burning, rocky menace to be reckoned with. The "slimed" Mask of Fire can fit well in the beast's hand (thank you ratchet joints!), you just gotta fenagle around with it. The new Beast Mask is cool, and it gives Lava Beast an almost devilish appearance, what with the Rock-em-Sock-em Robots-esque jaw and trans-orange horns. I highly think that even though he may not fly well, I think that if Lava Beast believes hard enough, he'll soar to new heights... only for the Toa to smack 'em down.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 starsValue for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 starsBuild Time: 30 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- almost 3 years agoAverage rating5out of 5 starsVery Solid SetFPSGamingPro | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfLava Beast, in my opinion, is a very solid set. The pieces, price, and look are all very satisfying. Lava Beast's head features some Bohrok eyes for antlers/horns. His black burnt head gives off a very molten look. I am not really too sure about the head color though, being translucent greenish-yellow. The Shadow Trap half on the back of the head is a good addition of detail. The body is very well made; I like the printing on the body armor and it gives off, again, a very molten look. The arms feel very burning as well, as it really shows off the elemental feel of this set. His weapons are arguably some of the best of this year. It has a realistic function and although I feel that they are not "wings", but more of weapons. The fingers are a very nice addition to detail. Now, getting to some flaws of the set, which would be most obviously in the form of the legs. The upper legs are fine, along with the other Elemental Beasts, but the lower leg attachments make the set really short and stubby. Using small axle parts like Storm Beast and Quake Beast would have helped make it look less awkward. In addition, the small feet are actually fitting with the aesthetics, yet the set needs more balance despite the additional parts added. The other obvious subjective flaw is its color scheme. It has black and translucent orangish-red as the main colors, gun metal as a background color, translucent grey for the shoulder shells, orange fingers, translucent greenish-yellow for the head, burnt orange for the lower leg parts and lastly, translucent orange as part of the nails on the feet. It's overabundance of colors somewhat distracts me from the overall solid look, though this is subjective. Even though Lava Beast has its flaws, he is still a great set overall. I enjoyed the build and look the result. I will recommend it to a friend, but not as the first.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 starsLevel of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 starsValue for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 starsBuild Time: 15 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- almost 3 years agoAverage rating5out of 5 starsfire and lavaxterminator | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!great set great price great power first of all i love his scissor arms and masks my only complaint is that he has alot of bionicle parts showing but other than that its great :DPlay ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 starsLevel of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 starsValue for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 starsBuild Time: 10 minsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55