- LEGO® Power Functions Rechargeable Battery Box
LEGO® Power Functions Rechargeable Battery Box
Retired ProductLEGO® Power Functions Rechargeable Battery Box3.8293541.
Charge up your LEGO® Power Functions!
No more disposable batteries! This rechargeable battery box has built-in Lithium polymer batteries for low weight and maximum power. Use it in your LEGO® Power Functions models and never have to use disposable batteries again!
- NOTE: You must use the #45517 10VDC LEGO Transformer to charge this battery box
- Motor speed can be controlled via the battery box speed control dial!
- Output voltage is 7.4 V!
- about 1 month agorating.prefix1rating.postfixGreat quality battery, doesn't include necessitiesMariusPhoenix | 19-24Purchased for: SelfI've already purchased three of the non-rechargeable battery packs (88000, and they work great!), but I wanted something that would be more convenient to recharge (So I don't have to remove it from my model each time to replace the batteries). Pros: - It did seem to come pre-charged, though I don't know how much - Definitely more powerful than the 88000 - The 7 phase power dial is really useful - It may be more expensive than the 88000, but in the long run it will be worth it as you won't need to purchase more AAA batteries Cons: - The LED's are in different spots from the 88000 (See pics), which make it annoying to see it's current status on sets - NO CHARGER (Continued below... ) I design custom trains for my collection and I'm always looking for ways to improve them, and this battery is a must for anyone who needs just that. (Continued:) I'd love to give the battery itself a full 10/10 as it stands tall with Lego's stamp of quality, but then a 0/10 for how poorly it was listed on this site, from the sheer lack of information, to the missing but simple necessity: a power supply. The description for the 8878 Battery made it sound like the power supply wasn't needed (Either included or was a common voltage), so I figured I'd have one at home or would be able to buy one locally and save money on shipping: that didn't work. The battery requires an odd voltage wall charger of 10v 700ma, which wasn't listed on this site... I didn't have one, no store locally had one, and the final annoyance with this whole ordeal, was on the instructions: as it ACTUALLY STATES "Only use an original LEGO transformer to recharge the battery"... I have never been more disappointed with a purchase from the Lego site in my entire life, I should have read the reviews... I would have still bought this item if it was $20 more and included the charger, now it will be twice that and more to order it... The entire product (8878) is essentially useless until you buy the wall charger for it, which is ALREADY overpriced for a wall charger. It's going to be a long while before I can order the wall charger, and all that time I won't even be able to use this expensive battery... I don't like writing negative reviews, believe me, I am writing this because I want Lego to improve, to do even better. I've been a builder my entire life and will continue to promote Lego as the best toy builder in the world!Play Experiencerating.prefix5rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix1rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix4rating.postfixBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?15
- 4 months agorating.prefix5rating.postfixadd other plugs on top off motor.greenhornet003 | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfCan you add 8870 power functions Light V120 on top off power motor drive. I tried but the lights do not come on when I push the green button, the motor still works. Is cause the rechargerable battery box is not powerful enough? or needs a switch of some kind between the lights and the motor. Otherwise a great idea11 September 2018Emily, Customer ServiceThanks for your review! The LEGO® Power Functions Rechargeable Battery Box features a speed control mechanism on the front. When used with the Power Functions Light, the speed control turns into a brightness control. So if your Battery Box is set to the lowest speed, the lights won't shine. Turn up the speed, and the lights will gradually become brighter. If that doesn't do the trick, then you can get in touch with our Customer Service team at LEGO.com/Service.Play Experiencerating.prefix4rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix1rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix3rating.postfixBuild Time: 10 minsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- 5 months agorating.prefix4rating.postfixGood for long trainsBVG9Volt | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI bought my 3th rechargeable battery box for one of my Lego trains. I prefer the rechargeable one above the AAA-battery box because the power is higher which is good for a long train. Otherwise you don't have to take out the battery box of the train each time to change the AAA-batteries. You have only leave a hole where can connect the DC-adapter. The price is high but it gives a lot of power and the train can run a long time.Play Experiencerating.prefix5rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix2rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix4rating.postfixBuild Time: 1 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45
- about 2 months agorating.prefix1rating.postfixThey don’t really work.....Vanhof | 35-44Purchased for: SonAfter charging I find that they won’t turn back on, sometimes they will sometimes they won’t. I bought 2 batteries and 1 charger at the same time and after 2 months they are pretty much garbage.... too bad my son loves his Lego trains but they are expensive to keep running
Response from LEGO SHOP20 November 2017Nicholas, Customer ServiceHello! We're so sorry to hear about any trouble with your LEGO® Power Functions Rechargeable Battery Box! Our customer service team would be glad to help out with some troubleshooting and sending out a replacement if need be. Please call, chat or email them here: LEGO.com/ServicePlay Experiencerating.prefix4rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix2rating.postfixBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?15