Speed into action with the Sandspeeder!
Expand your LEGO® Star Wars collection with the Sandspeeder. This variant of the iconic Snowspeeder features some fascinating details, including desert camouflage elements, opening minifigure cockpit and button-activated spring-loaded shooters. There's also a toppling moisture vaporator, which any budding Sandspeeder pilot will love to use for target practice. This LEGO Star Wars toy includes 2 minifigures.
- Includes 2 minifigures: a Sandspeeder Pilot and a Sandspeeder Gunner.
- Sandspeeder features an opening minifigure cockpit, spring-loaded shooters and sand-colored camouflage elements.
- Also includes a moisture vaporator build with topple function.
- Weapons include 2 blaster pistols.
- Sandspeeder measures over 2” (6cm) high, 6” (17cm) long and 5” (14cm) wide.
- Vaporator measures over 5” (13cm) high, 1” (5cm) wide and 3” (10cm) deep.
- about 1 month agorating.prefix5rating.postfixLooks great for a small kitRush | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfOverall I was very pleased with this set. The minifigures are incredibly detailed, and although they aren’t any character in particular, their faces and helmet designs are some of the best I’ve seen. As for the speeder itself, the detail on it is top notch. It’s not very big, but the overall design doesn’t look bulky nor does it disappoint. The build itself was easy, it took me less than 2 hours to finish while casually building and watching tv. It would be a good set for a child, however there multiple very small pieces in this kit, so I recommend it only for an older child. I only have two gripes with the kit. The first is the pilot canopy. The canopy on this build is double hinged. There is a smaller canopy that fits onto the main canopy. When opening the pilot canopy it frequently pops off. It also doesn’t move very smoothly. It allows for you to display with the canopy open, however it’s not connected very well, so when you try to move it it always comes off. My second gripe is the point of the moisture vaporator. It seems pretty pointless to include it in this kit and in opinion inflates the price when it isn’t needed. Overall i was extremely happy with the kit, and it will make a nice display piece.Play Experiencerating.prefix4rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix2rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix5rating.postfixBuild Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- about 1 month agorating.prefix5rating.postfixGreat setJayneflakes | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI have always loved the Snow Speeder ship, but knew that I had nowhere to display the UCS model. So when I saw this smaller model available, in an unusual colour variant, I could not resist buying it. The build is simple and great fun, the shapes made by the addition of a couple of simple Technic pieces are inspired and when complete the set is beautiful. I added a display stand made from a technic beam and large dish just to finish it off. The Minifigs are excellent and both have some excellent printing on the helmet and torso. I really like how well both Minifigs fit into the ship, despite the small amount of space inside. My only complaint is as always, the application of stickers, which as a disabled adult, I find difficult. Trying to move them if the attach in the wrong place is very hard and can easily damage the sticker. Overall, this is a very pretty and easily displayable set. The ship looks great, the shapes are just right and the colours are well chosen. The addition of shooting elements just adds even more fun for younger builders. For play though, the technic elements that hold the wings on do seem to become loose very quickly and the wings are not well secured, which does make them easily detachable. The addition of a display stand, like the one I made would make this set perfect for adults who like me want to have the model on display. However, this set is clearly designed for play rather than display, even though it does look fabulous built into a diorama.Play Experiencerating.prefix5rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix2rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix4rating.postfixBuild Time: 1 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- about 2 months agorating.prefix5rating.postfixNice relaxing buildChuck5992 | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis set is easy, fun and very detailed. The mini-figs are also very detailed.Play Experiencerating.prefix5rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix1rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix5rating.postfixBuild Time: 30 minsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- about 2 months agorating.prefix5rating.postfixOne Giant Easter EggTheSF | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfAs a fan of all things Star Wars, this humble set blew me away. It may seem like an unexpected variation of a standard T-47 Airspeeder, but with the changes to the build and the history here, it’s a collectors dream. First off, this appears to be a nod to the prototype for a Sandspeeder toy that was originally planned by Kenner in the 80’s, albeit with a slightly updated color scheme. Second, anyone watching A New Hope closely will notice this is the first release of John D. Branon’s (Red Four) Helmet in Lego form. Finally, the gunner is sporting what appears to be the helmet Rey wore on Jakku in The Force Awakens. Beyond being a fun and interesting set, the little references make this a set that can be enjoyed by kids and appreciated by collectors. Recommended.Play Experiencerating.prefix5rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix4rating.postfixBuild Time: 45 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55