Build the first rocket to land people on the Moon!
- VIP Points
Display and role-play with this majestic meter-high LEGO® brick model of the NASA Apollo Saturn V. Packed with authentic details, it features 3 removable rocket stages, including the S-IVB third stage with the lunar lander and lunar orbiter. The set also includes 3 stands to display the model horizontally, 3 new-for-June-2017 astronaut microfigures for role-play recreations of the Moon landings, plus a booklet about the manned Apollo missions and the fan designers of this educational and inspirational LEGO Ideas set.
- Features a meter-high (approximately 1:110 scale) model of the NASA Apollo Saturn V with a removable S-IC first rocket stage with main rocket engine details, removable S-II second rocket stage with rocket engine details, removable S-IVB third rocket stage with the Apollo spacecraft and rescue rocket at top of the whole spacecraft, plus 3 stands to display the model horizontally.
- The Apollo spacecraft features the lunar lander and the lunar orbiter.
- Also includes 3 new-for-June-2017 astronaut microfigures.
- Great for display and role-playing the manned Apollo Moon missions.
- Includes a booklet about the manned Apollo Moon missions and the fan designers of this set.
- This set includes over 1,900 pieces.
- Measures over 39" (100cm) high and 6” (17cm) in diameter.
- 1 day agorating.prefix5rating.postfixOne word: what a landing!Cylthe | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfOk, so this was a set I absolutely wanted. I finally recieved it as a Christmas gift, and what a gift! I cannot express easily all the good points, so lets list them would we? - very large set with maybe one of the best price value (with the Hogwarts Castle). It really towers all the set I have today and even the Hogwarts Castle may blush next to it although it has three times the amount of pieces. - very complex and genuine build that you don't want to mess up with as it can be difficult to put some pieces together once you have a big chunk of reactor in your hand. The "roundness" of the set is well thought and, without any stickers, the printed pieces really stand out. The building looks delicate at first, but once build, it is rather solid build. - very modulable as the "real one" with the 5 different stages of flight, docking, landing, which makes it also easy to transport, which I did because I wanted to display it at work. - easily displayable on the supports - strong playability but better to play it as a responsible adult or child ;-) - a collector lego that is not to joke with as it is very well designed and, overall, beautiful. - nice building instruction with a little history behind this set. A few bad points, however: - some part of the build are really difficult to maintain in place until you solidify everything later on... and sometimes instructions can be confusing (but when you are excited to build, how can you do?) - the module is a bit fragile to play withPlay Experiencerating.prefix5rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix4rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix5rating.postfixBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- about 3 hours agorating.prefix5rating.postfixSnoopy | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfHad a great time building this set with my girlfriend. The nature of the Saturn V means it's a perfect set to build with friends or family as you can split the bags between you and build the seperate modules without needing to trip over each other all the time. Difficulty was just about right for a relatively novice pair of adult builders, it took us about 5 hours between us so I would guess about 10 hours for one person. There were some interesting building techniques as part of the assembly too which we thought were really clever. Nothing too complicated to get frustrating though...the whole process was pretty smooth and just generally enjoyabe. Really impressed with the overall look and sturdiness of the finished model. You can never get bored having it on display as there's endless positions you can put it in, either fully assembled or with the seperate modules (although having it stood upright in its 1 meter high awesomeness is by far my favourite). Lunar module and landing craft are both nice little finishing touches, and help to give the size of the rocket a nice sense of perspective (i.e. it's enormous!). I would absolutely recommend this kit to anybody who is even the slightest bit tempted by it, and I can only hope we see more sets with the NASA theme.Play Experiencerating.prefix5rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix3rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix5rating.postfixBuild Time: 10 hrsBuilding Experience: Novice LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- 1 day agorating.prefix5rating.postfixThe Eagle Has LandedBryanMW2012 | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfWow! Where do I begin? I loved this build!!! I have been excited for the Saturn V rocket ever since I saw Adam Savage build one on Tested.com -- and wanted one for myself. I believe the Moon Landing was one of the greatest scientific achievements in the history of mankind, so taking this on as a project was very natural for me. The quality of the build is really REALLY solid, and flows logically as you build the three separate stages of the Saturn V rocket. I really like that you can display it as one massive piece, or break it down to the three separate stages. My one complaint is that you only get one printed Command Module. I chose to use that piece on the actual rocket so I was left with a piece that was plain with no detail when I did the recovery scene. I wish you could get two printed Command Modules with all the detail. The other thing I did is that I put the Lunar Module in the rocket, so no one will ever see all the detail that went into it, but since I wanted to display mine as one pre-launch piece, it just felt right doing it that way. (And I took a queue from Adam Savage's build for Tested -- I have to give them credit for giving me the idea) All in all, I love this kit. The build was fun, and it looks amazing!!! I highly recommend it!Level of Difficultyrating.prefix4rating.postfixBuild Time: 2 daysBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- about 3 hours agorating.prefix5rating.postfixPossibly the best Lego set yet.Bert141087 | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Since this set was confirmed back last year I knew straight away that I needed this in my life. I had a stroke at a very young age so unlike most I build one handed which as you can imagine can be hard at times. Lego has played a huge part in getting my coordination back and regenerating brain cells over the years. It can be a struggle in places but the Saturn is a very robust structure. Bag 7 is by far my favourite as it isboth complex and simplistic at the same time. Trust me, when you get to it you will know what i mean. This set brought me together with my 7-year-old daughter when times get tough. I must admit I am not yet complete as i still have 1 bag to go but there is a reason for this. This is the first big set I have done with Felicity. She helped with bag 1 and 12 ( I skipped to the end so she could get involved in little bits) and just like when my grandad sat with my mum in 1969, I am going to complete this with my little lady by my side and create my own special memory.Play Experiencerating.prefix5rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix4rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix5rating.postfixBuild Time: 5 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55