Operate the powerful Volvo EW160E!
- VIP Points
- 299VIP Points
The VIP Points value shown is an estimate and actual points will be calculated when you check out.
Get to know the high-tech innovation of the Volvo EW160E with this authentic LEGO® Technic replica of the real-life wheeled excavator. This detailed model, developed in partnership with Volvo Construction Equipment, has been designed to provide an immersive and rewarding build and play experience and features an advanced pneumatic system for operation of the extendable boom and working bucket. Manual features and functions include a detailed, height-adjustable cab with seat, armrests, sun visor and adjustable mirrors, rotating superstructure, rear-controlled front steering, working front blade and extendable outriggers. Upgrade with the 8293 LEGO Power Functions motor set (not supplied) for a fully motorised boom and working lights. This 2-in-1 model can be rebuilt to create a Volvo L30G compact material handler.
- Build an authentic looking Volvo EW160 construction vehicle with expendable boom and adjustable cab!
- 2 vehicles in 1 – Rebuilds into a Volvo L30G
- Includes rotating superstructure, extendable outriggers and pneumatic system
- LEGO Technic building toys are compatible with all LEGO construction sets for creative building
- Volvo EW160E with boom and outriggers extended measures 11 inches high, 18 inches long and 7 inches wide. With boom and outriggers retracted it measures 6 inches high, 9 inches long, and 4 inches.
- 1166 pieces – For boys and girls between the ages of 10 and 16 years old
- about 1 month agorating.prefix5rating.postfixRather simple but joyful set.Taris | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfExcavators were always one of favorite Technic theme and it will be forever. This set is one of many LEGO Technic excavator set and delivers what really Technic stands for. First of all, for the price, this set provides decent list of functions. The main function, the boom+arm operation is adequately implemented with limited number of parts. I would like to have regular bucket type hand (which may require three regular sized pneumatic cylinders) but having a little cylinder isn't too bad in terms of part collection. The wheels doesn't have any drive-trains, differentials, or any shock absorbers but they have steering system with least backlash I've had. Yeah, the steering works like charm. One gripe is that you need to always press the blue button to power the pneumatic cylinders (or air cylinders) to operate the boom structure. It's ok to have some chore but the superstructure is not so rigidly fixed for a furious pumping action. So, I recommend always lowering the outrigger when you operate it. But, here's another catch: the outrigger doesn't work well on uneven (like carpet) surface. The panels actually open and reveals the pneumatic hoses. You know, those hoses always slide off or at least loses pressure. So, you need to tighten those hoses time to time. The 'Maintenance Mode' (See one of pictures) helps a lot. The cabin elevation is also a nice bonus but one thing I would recommend is to lose the small 2-stud sized blocker at instruction step 107 if you're not planning to motorize it. With the blocker, the superstructure can only turn like 355 degree. I guess this limitation is due to power function integration. You don't want damage cables. In term of building experience, the difficulty is not hard at all but not too easy since the small superstructure packs all the pneumatic hoses and some gears to operate the cabin elevation. But then again, putting it together is a breeze compared to applying stickers. Yes, the real letdown of this set is the stickers. You need really really carefully apply stickers unless your excavator would look weird at least. Especially the back lights(red lights) are literally stickers!! So, you need to apply them exact fit positions or your excavator would look weird. Also, some stickers needs to be removed when you're planning to make B-model which is a kind of a bummer... However, it's much more playable with the excavator arm, anyway. You can challenge a friend to carry out Skittles or M&Ms distribution. Note that the arm reaches below the wheels!! Must be fun to dig out some Skittles from a secret labyrinth, right? Overall, it's a nice playbility/price set and a good source of pneumatic cylinders if you don't want to buy the humongous 42043 Arocs truck.Play Experiencerating.prefix5rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix5rating.postfixBuild Time: 4 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- 4 days agorating.prefix5rating.postfixGood value for the moneymirek954 | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfIt was very challenging and time consuming build for me. I did not expected how great pneumatics are until I build this set. Instructions sometimes was not understandable for me, but overall great design and I only need to buy power functions to have full experience. PDF instruction was very useful. More designs like this one In future please.Play Experiencerating.prefix4rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix4rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix5rating.postfixBuild Time: 8 hrs 55 minsBuilding Experience: Novice LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- 4 days agorating.prefix5rating.postfixFeature-rich, fun and fantastic to play with!Jane347 | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!For the last 3 years our family has built a Lego set for Christmas. In previous years we've built the Volkswagen T1 Camper van, the Mini and Wall-E. The Volvo EW160E was our first foray into Lego Technic. It was more of a challenge than our previous builds and we were daunted by the 250 page instruction manual at first, but it has been a wonderful kit to work on. This is the first Lego set we've built with pneumatics and the manual and pneumatic functions have proved a wonderful addition to this great replica of a real life Volvo wheeled excavator. The pneumatics work like a charm and its great fun working the boom arm etc. It looks great too! It was such a satisfying and rewarding build for our family, (including 10 yr old and 14 yr old). Once we've enjoyed playing with it we'll think about making the alternative build. My husband fancies getting the motor too! We think this kit is great value for money and we'd certainly try another Technic kit. Thanks Lego!Play Experiencerating.prefix5rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix4rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix5rating.postfixBuild Time: 8 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- 4 days agorating.prefix5rating.postfixTotally Amazing Set!GrumpyRock | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThe Volvo Ew160e is an amazing set! It was my longest build I've had but is was my first "real" technic. The build was fun and the final product is awesome. The pneumatics work very well and all the functions are great! I did get the motor pack and it is even better. I did find a way to intergrate the switch by moving some wires.Play Experiencerating.prefix5rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix3rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix4rating.postfixBuild Time: 3 hrs 45 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55