Volcano Exploration Base
Retired ProductVolcano Exploration Base4.555659.
Get busy with some serious scientific work!
Take part in the big discoveries with the Volcano Exploration Base, featuring a volcano with eruption function, mobile operations center with detachable truck cab and side opening lab, large excavator with extendable hammer arm that moves up and down, drone with spinning rotors, wheeled dumper, ‘lava' boulders with crystal elements inside and various tools. Includes 6 minifigures.
- Build your own Volcano Exploration Base, with volcano with eruption function, mobile operations center, large excavator, drones, wheel dumper, and much more!
- Use the lever to trigger the volcanic eruption
- Includes six minifigures: a female scientist, scientist with heat suit, female worker, male worker and two adventurers
- LEGO City toys are compatible with all LEGO construction sets for creative building
- Mobile operations center with truck measures over 4” high, 12” long and 2” wide. Excavator measures over 5” high, 6” long and 3” wide. Volcano measures over 5” high, 6” wideand 6” deep
- 824 pieces – For boys and girls ages 8 to 12
- 29 days agorating.prefix5rating.postfixGreat expansion for my Arctic setsBVG9Volt | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis is good set of the City Volcano theme. My favorite items are the drone, the female minifigs and the excavator. The mobile operations center is good, but the roof might be better worked out. It might be better if there were 4 more dark grey '1x2 plates with rail' included in the set so you can built them near the 2 '1x8 plates with rail' on the roof. See the photo below for details. Pros - drone - excavator - a big volcano - sturdy truck with crane - detailed mobile operations center with oxygen...Play Experiencerating.prefix5rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix2rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix5rating.postfixBuild Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- 9 months agorating.prefix5rating.postfixVolcano baseHaus | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: Self1st- I recommend using a brick separator to apply all stickers to this & all sets (except big nameplate stickers). Makes them easier to apply them with greater accuracy. This set doesn't have too many stickers but enough. All are easy to apply with a separator & I think they make the set look much...Play Experiencerating.prefix5rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix3rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix4rating.postfixBuild Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- over 2 years agorating.prefix5rating.postfixa great new challange for my 6 year oldrburkhardt | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonMy son saw this set in a Lego store and asked for it as a birthday gift. He was super excited when he opened it, and wanted to get started right away. He actually worked through the first 6 bags himself with no help (although he requires that I be present to keep him company ha) which took him about 4-5 hours. He didn't lose interest at that point, but seemed to be wearing down and asked for my help, so we finished the last few bags together (which was basically the components for the actual volcano). It says this set is for 8+, but he just turned 6 and did really well with it. He has played with it almost continually since we finished building it 4 days ago. The volcano has a lever which enables you to pop lava rocks up causing an "eruption" (this is probably my son's favorite feature). He also really likes the drone. I would consider this set to be more on the challenging side for him compared to his other smaller sets, but definitely manageable and lots of fun!Play Experiencerating.prefix5rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix4rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix5rating.postfixBuild Time: 6 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- almost 2 years agorating.prefix5rating.postfixCool SetAgent0013 | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThere are a lot of cool elements to this set. I particularly like the truck and the tracked driller. I also like the transparent orange 'rocks', and there are multiple included with this set. There is also a nice selection of minifigs and accessories. There are a few cons to this set, but I don't think they impact its value in an appreciable way. I'm not a fan of the drone, but there are some cool pieces in it. The volcano looks great, but you can see the colored bricks inside if you know they're there. The set also has a lot of stickers, but it still looks great without them.Play Experiencerating.prefix5rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix5rating.postfixBuild Time: 3 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55