Retired ProductPrison Island4.3333515.
Small parts and a Small ball.
Where the Police keep the Crooks—Prison Island!
Help the police lock up the bad guys on LEGO® City Prison Island! Watch the crooks work out in the prison yard and open up the prison to see the crooks make their escape plans. You and the police have to be on high alert to catch the crooks sliding through the sewer to catch the getaway boat! Jump in the helicopter and stop them from making an aerial escape in the hot air balloon. They’ll do anything to escape from Prison Island!
- Build the perfect lockup for LEGO City’s biggest crooks, featuring a helicopter, police boat, crooks’ boat and a hot air balloon!
- Prison features two levels with helipad, guard tower and jail yard, along with breakout functions for playing out the crooks’ escape
- Includes 8 minifigures: a male police officer, female police officer, police chief, police pilot, three male crooks and a female crook, plus a shark
- LEGO City building toys are compatible with all LEGO construction sets for creative building
- Prison Island (including helipad) measures over 12” high, 13” wide and 10” deep. Police boat measures over 1” high, 3” long and 3” wide. Helicopter measures over 2” high, 5” long and 1” wide. Crooks’ boat measures over 3” long, 1” wide and under 1” high. Hot air balloon measures over 7” high, 3” long and 3” wide
- 754 pieces – For boys and girls between the ages of 6 and 12
- 19 days agorating.prefix2rating.postfixDisappointedsglego2016 | 35-44Purchased for: SonWe easily own over 70 lego sets. We are a Lego family. We were very excited when we saw this one come out. This is the first time we have been disappointed and let down with a set. It just doesn't have the creative and polished finishes of a normal set. It doesn't flow smoothly, seems to have random little police rooms with no thought, and it looks like pieces are missing. There were 2 pieces that were warped. Very disappointed and it will make a factor in future purchases. In 3 of the pictures, you can see pieces that don't have pieces under them. ie- the computer monitor is just hanging. Other one has a trap door where there is a little latch. Better creativity in the older jail. This almost seems like one of the cheap phony lego makers made this. Other photo shows how the jail bars aren't even straight.February 19, 2016Jordan - Core Product Specialist, Consumer ServicesI am sorry this set did not provide the highest level of excitement that every LEGO set should. The designers are extremely excited to offer this prison as a place that all of your LEGO City criminals can finally be locked up. It is because of this that there are multiple beds and rooms for them to sleep in. Like any prison though, there will be a few escape options available. The feedback on the computer terminal floating is highly beneficial. It was done this way so that you could have the option to have your police officer sit with their legs under the desk. We will keep an eye on this to see if it is a trending complaint or if it becomes a new desired feature. Warped elements is not a new feature on the otherhand and a quick call to LEGO Consumer Services will be able to clear this issue up. Thank you for the time and effort you took in sharing your point of view.Play Experiencerating.prefix2rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix2rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix1rating.postfixBuild Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?25
- 2 months agorating.prefix3rating.postfixPrison islandLegobuilder154 | 19-24I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI got this set from amazon and a considerably lower price, but I based the " value for money " factor on the RRP. This set is a really good play set, having loads of escape options for the crooks and 4 different vehicles for getaway and capture. I especially like the hot-air balloon because it was slightly bigger than I expected. The helicopter was a bit of a let-down because of the standardised front ( in trans-blue ). The prison island itself was impressive, with tonnes of play features, but the main prison yard was both slightly unstable and quite empty. I have added another cell into the swing-out area. The overall size of the island was a little disappointing... I feel that just 2 cells wasn't that great, I think 4 would be a minimum. After I modified the set a little, it was much more impressive and i can enjoy it a lot more.Play Experiencerating.prefix5rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix2rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix3rating.postfixBuild Time: 12 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?35
- 3 months agorating.prefix5rating.postfixso much fun...zachiechan801 | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!another christmas present for me, another great set also. my mom bought this set for me thinking ok this will keep him busy for a few hours, ha ha funny joke mom, after 45 minutes im on booklet 6, and im beyond impressed with how it looked. the only thing i didnt like about it was the hot air balloon, the the piece holding the balloon part up is very wobbley :( but other than that it was an amazing set, and i loved itPlay Experiencerating.prefix5rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix2rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix4rating.postfixBuild Time: 1 hrsWas this helpful?55
- 5 months agorating.prefix5rating.postfix60130 Prison Islandamazed78 | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Prison Island is a large Lego City themed set of 754 pieces. Inside the box are eight numbered bags (one bag for each stage), one bag without a number with large pieces inside (for instance, a dark gray 16x16 plate and a dark gray rock piece), six instruction manuals and a sticker-sheet for 17 stickers, of which the last two are in the same protective plastic bag. The pieces can be used to build eight minifigures, two boats, a hot air balloon, a helicopter and an island-based prison compound complete with a prison yard, a watchtower and a helipad. I don't think Lego has manufactured a modern prison set before this, although there has been a few prisons in those retired medieval/fantasy Castle sets, one in Lord of the Rings, and one in Ninjago. The bricks and pieces inside bag number 1 build a male police, a male crook, a gray shark, a large black and white police rubber boat and a small olive green rubber raft. Bag number 2 contains the pieces for a male police helicopter pilot, a female crook, a mainly red and black hot air balloon, and a mainly black and white police helicopter. Bags 3 to 8 have the pieces for the gray, white, black and brown prison compound and four additional minifigures: two male prisoners and a male and a female police officer. The minifigures are quite basic: all four police officers are dressed in police uniforms, vests or jumpsuits of varying shades of blue and gray. The prisoners are wearing striped gray and white prison uniforms with an orange sleeveless undershirt and those criminals that aren't yet incarcerated are attired in casual but still striped mainly black and gray civilian clothes. There are no two-sided heads included in this, which in my opinion is a pity. All of the torsos are dual-sided, but only three of the minifigures have leg prints: the chopper pilot and the two stripey prisoners. Although I have categorized the minifigures as basic, in reality most of the torsos are new designs from 2016 and it looks like they will be re-used in 2017 sets as well. So far, both the light royal blue female police torso (element ID 6132846) and the light royal blue male police torso with a gray vest printed on it (6132869) appear only in two sets including this one (for both the other set is 60127 Prison Island Starter Set). Also the police chief torso (6132814) is new, it has been in four 2016 sets including this one. Both prisoner minifigures are made up from new parts (including the striped legs) and are currently available for purchase through two sets, the mustachioed prisoner wearing an orange tank top is in 60126 Tire Escape and the prisoner with angry eyebrows is also in 60128 Police Pursuit. The mustachioed prisoner head (6057836) is originally from one of The Lego Movie sets (70812 Creative Ambush) and this is only its third appearance. There are some rarish pieces or recolors in this set: the black (element ID 6141950) and red (6141949) curved balloon pieces in those particular colors are currently available only in this set. The light gray brick 1x3x2 with inside bow (6129340), the black large rubber boat (6139318), and the titanium metallic lattice for frame 4x6 (92589) appear in three sets including this one. The dark gray mountain brick (6138752) is a new piece from 2016 and has, thus far, been in four sets. The olive green rubber boat (6016453) is an older piece, but in this color it has been included in four sets, just to mention a few. I thought the build was surprisingly easy: there are a few technic pieces included, but they are not those horrible gears and axles and stoppers and spinning devices that require a lot of careful positioning and, incidentally, make my toes curl in fright. In my opinion, pasting on the stickers and attaching the pin-connected sections of the prison to each other were the most difficult parts of this build. The central structure of the exceedingly cool hot air balloon might also be slightly on the more difficult side for some builders and I had some trouble building the underside of the escape chute: I placed some of the bricks one stud away from the wall when they should have been flush with it. In my opinion, Prison Island is truly a great and original set: finally there is a place where all those countless criminals can serve their sentences! The set has many fantastic play features (of which the chute is my favorite) and one of the breakable wall sections is such a secret that I could not find a picture of it at the back of the box. However, my absolute favorite part of this set is the hot air balloon, I simply love it! I thought it was nice to include a toilet inside the compound, and it seems to me that the coffee-maker is different (again) from all the previous ones that I have seen. There are also a couple of really humorous details: the black brick-built hand weight, the sticker picture of the female crook on the wall of the prison yard, and what I presume is a 'worker of the month' stickered picture inside the guard tower, although it is a bit hard to see. I think this set would look good when combined with Deep Sea sets (such as 60095) or 31051 Lighthouse Point. I actually tested it with 75903 Haunted Lighthouse and the colors match so well that they might have been a part of the same set! I only have a couple of things I did not like about this set: 1) In my set, two of the barred doors are so loose that they will not stay shut. I tried switching them to another side of the door frame but that did not solve the problem. 2) Some parts of the prison are a little cramped. 3) No ladder to reach the top floors. 4) The stickered white sign should read 'prison' and not 'police'. 5) The handcuffs at the back of the chopper look a bit weird. All in all, a great set for those who are looking for some variety and/or have an overflow of crooks in their Lego City!Play Experiencerating.prefix5rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix2rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix4rating.postfixBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55