Retired ProductHydroplane Racer4.855.
Thunder over the ocean with the Hydroplane Racer!
Enter the water speed championships with the Hydroplane Racer, featuring a unique aerodynamic design with large sponsons, large cockpit and a blue and white color scheme with black-and-white checkered racing stickers. This robust 2-in-1 LEGO® Technic model also features moving engine pistons and a spinning propeller, and can be rebuilt to create a Race Boat for a double build-and-play experience! Digital 3D building instructions for both models are available online.
- Features a unique aerodynamic design with huge sponsons, large cockpit, detailed engine with moving pistons and a spinning propeller.
- Check out the blue and white color scheme with sporty black-and-white checkered racing stickers.
- Maneuver the Hydroplane Racer and see the engine and propeller spring to life.
- This LEGO® Technic model is designed to provide an immersive and rewarding building experience.
- Appropriate for children aged 8 to 14.
- Interactive, 3D Digital LEGO® BuildingInstructions app available online for both A and B models.
- 2-in-1 model: rebuilds into a Race Boat.
- Hydroplane Racer measures over 2” (6cm) high, 9” (23cm) long and 5” (13cm) wide.
- Race Boat measures over 2” (6cm) high, 8” (21cm) long and 3” (10cm) wide.
- about 2 months agorating.prefix4rating.postfixWe were slow at work, so I built it there.SparkyKen | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI had no students show up at work on Saturday. I decided that this would be a great time to put this together. The "drive" system is very clever and quite animated. It doesn't float, and isn't a real hovercraft, but it does look cool going over a flat tabletop, and my coworkers had a ton of fun playing with it.Play Experiencerating.prefix4rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix2rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix5rating.postfixBuild Time: 50 minsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?45
- about 2 years agorating.prefix5rating.postfixSmall but coolJeep2 | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI got this set for Christmas from Santa Claus. At first, I thought that it would be a very boring set to play with. However, I was proved wrong. The easy build gives a hydroplane with a powertrain that spins the propeller and moves the 4-flat engine! The only gripe is the very hard to place stickers, but it is a very minor gripe. It is a great football player!Play Experiencerating.prefix5rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix1rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix5rating.postfixBuild Time: 51 minsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- over 2 years agorating.prefix5rating.postfixtroll | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!The lego product came in good condition. The features of this lego set are pretty cool and there is a two in one which is race boat and a racer.Play Experiencerating.prefix5rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix2rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix5rating.postfixBuild Time: 37 minsWas this helpful?55
- about 2 years agorating.prefix5rating.postfixtechnicRyantotempole | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!this is a great starter set for people just getting in to technic.Play Experiencerating.prefix5rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix3rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix5rating.postfixBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55