Retired ProductDesert Lightning4.655.
Earn Double VIP Points until March 31st only
Claim the Slow-Mo Time Blade with Jay’s lightning-fast bike!
Beat Commander Blunck’s Vermillion racer to claim the Slow-Mo Time Blade with Jay’s Desert Lightning bike, featuring stud-shooting headlight-style elements, foldout lightning bolt booster elements and big wheels. Includes three minifigures.
- Includes three minifigures: Jay, Commander Blunck and Tannin.
- Desert Lightning features a minifigure seat, big wheels, stud-shooting translucent headlight-style elements, foldout lightning bolt booster elements and golden-colored ninja blades.
- Vermillion racer features a minifigure seat and tracks.
- Includes the translucent-blue Slow-Mo Time Blade.
- Also includes Commander Blunck’s Vermillion axe.
- Accessory elements include Commander Blunck and Tannin’s Vermillion helmets, plus two red snake elements.
- Recreate and role-play epic scenes from the NINJAGO® Masters of Spinjitzu TV show.
- This set offers an age-appropriate build and play experience for ages 7+.
- Desert Lightning measures over 2” (6cm) high, 5” (15cm) long and 1” (5cm) wide.
- Vermillion racer measures over 2” (6cm) high, 7” (18cm) long and 3” (8cm) wide.
- 4 months agorating.prefix5rating.postfixLightning Pursuit!DarthRevan1 | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThe latest Lego Ninjago wave released on January 1st features the new Hands of Time season. It contains some of the best ninja variants and also the best villains released so far in my opinion. Ninjago is a theme I do not generally collect but the Hands of Time season is very appealing. The second smallest set, Desert Lightning retails for $24.99 and contains 201 pieces. The set has a similar design to last years Ninja Bike Chase which also came with 3 minifigures, 2 bikes and the same price point. Set: The set has two builds: Jay's Desert Lightning bike and the Vermillion racer. The Desert Lightning is a striking mix of dark blue and light blue peppered with yellow studs. The golden blades and katanas are used to good effect, giving the bike an aerodynamic look. The bike has a forward rig to it which looks cool from the side. On each side are trans-blue lightning pieces which were first seen in the 2013's Stone Army sets. The lightning pieces can be folded inwards when not in use. The Vermillion racer is another cool build using the small tread piece to a very good effect. The whole build is studs on the side construction with space for one Vermillion soldier. The pearl dark grey wings are angled down as well as another wing on the back to give it a nice angled look. The new snake molds look fantastic and are used on the racer to give an intimidated look. Also the copper blades at the front look a bit oversized for the build so I removed them but are good are a nice part recolor. Minifigures: Jay: The Hands of Time ninjas are all excellent minifigures and Jay does not disappoint. He comes with a dual coloured hood which was first seen in the Ultra Stealth Raider. The face is the same one seen on last year’s Skybound pirates set but the torso and legs look incredible. The torso has very crisp printing with Jay’s insignia centered in the middle and with black arms to give him a stealthy look. The legs include flecks of gold as well as toe printing. Jay’s accessory is the Hands of Time Slo-Mo blade which is a new piece and has a blend of copper with translucent blue giving it an electrifying look. Commander Blunkk: Blunkk comes with the new dual molded helmet with translucent orange and pearl dark grey colouring.The face is double sided and looks very scary and snakelike. Most of the villains in the series have a red colour scheme so the orange is a nice change. The armor piece is very cool and I can see it being used for many custom figs and the inverted 1x1 stud at the back is perfect for adding weapons on his back. His accessory is a dual molded scythe piece which has a nice snake set to the side. Tannin: Tannin is sort of the soldier of the Vermillion tribe. The figure is exceptionally printed just like all the Hands of Time figures and is good for army builders. He is one of the more common figs appearing in most of the sets. His intricate helmet is actually a very cool mold and I plan on using it in a museum moc. Other than the figures and the build, you get two regular snakes which is an inclusion in every Hands of Time set. Overall: The set has some pretty cool figures and the builds are not disappointing especially Blunkk’s Vermillion racer. The price of $25 is justified but on a sale its even better. I picked this set at 20% off which is the best price to get this set. Three cool figures with exceptional printing, two nice builds and many cool accessories definitely make this set a must get for Ninjago fans or Lego fans in general. --The pictures presented are all taken by me--Play Experiencerating.prefix4rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix2rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix4rating.postfixBuild Time: 35 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- over 1 year agorating.prefix4rating.postfixNinjaaaaaaaaaa Goooo!Superdad14 | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonAfter a tumble at school, I brought my son to the store to choose a Lego Ninjago set (it's his favorite show). I gave him several options, and he chose this one (I was surprised, as Lloyd is his favorite and expected him to choose Destiny's Shadow). I typically have him find the pieces, and then I assemble the sets, which is how this went as well, other than him getting distracted by finding swords for Jay. Building both the Vermillion tank, and Jay's motorcycle was quite fun for different reasons. The tank, though having less pieces, uses the rubber tread, and was a very intricate process (when though my son just wanted to play with the tread as a bracelet). The motorcycle had more pieces, and took the bulk of our time to create it. As soon as the cycle was built, it was play time, leaving me to build the tank myself. My only complaint with this set, and the reason I gave Play 4 studs instead of 5, was that the motorcycle's...wings(?) and windshield are one piece and the body of the motorcycle is not well connected to them, so any medium intensity play causes the entirety of the windshield and wings to pop off. That being said, this is now the first lego set he's what where I see him actively playing, and making up stories as he goes. Being able to marry the show and the sets makes a really fun experience. This is a fun set, especially for a kid who loves ninjago.Play Experiencerating.prefix4rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix2rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix5rating.postfixBuild Time: 30 minsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?45
- about 2 years agorating.prefix4rating.postfixFun vehicles, great armorBentWright | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfAside from the stickers, I enjoyed putting this set together. The new protagonist armor is metallic colored and well designed. I also like the new ninja uniforms, but miss that Jay doesn't have his signature silver armor right arm. It seems the TV series is well behind toy production, so I have no idea what is going on, but I'm having fun thinking about what might be happening. Set 70624 Vermillion Invader seems to have a larger iteration of the single tread tank vehicle in this set, and I'm curious if it starts small and grows.Play Experiencerating.prefix4rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix3rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix4rating.postfixBuild Time: 32 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45
- about 2 years agorating.prefix5rating.postfixDesert LightningEliteElectron | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: Selfthis is a great product and I think that if you are thinking of getting it go and get itPlay Experiencerating.prefix5rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix1rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix5rating.postfixBuild Time: 13 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55