Dawn of Iron Doom
Retired ProductDawn of Iron Doom4.2308513.
Earn Double VIP Points until March 31st only
Take on the sinister Snake Mech with Lloyd and Jay!
Join Lloyd and Jay’s mission to free Master Wu and stop the Time Twins taking control of time in this Dawn of Iron Doom set, which includes the highly posable Snake Mech with wheel-operated spinning Time Portal and plug-in points for the four included translucent-colored Time Blades, a missile-shooting eye and two big detachable blade weapons. The Vermillion swamp fort has an egg-drop function and opening prison, and can be built in different ways for alternative layouts. Includes six minifigures with assorted weapons to intensify the role-play battles.
- Build a snake mech with missile-shooting eyes, a swishing tail, and a spinning time portal
- Includes Master Wu, Lloyd and Jay minfigures, plus Acronix, Krux and Commander Blunck with LEGO element katana
- Snake mech stands over 9” tall and swamp fort measures over 7” high, 7” wide and 4” deep
- LEGO NINJAGO building toys are compatible with all LEGO construction sets for creative building
- Featured in the hit TV series LEGO NINJAGO: Masters of Spinjitzu.
- 704 pieces – For boys and girls between the ages of 8 and 14 years old
- almost 2 years agorating.prefix3rating.postfixA Highly Detailed Yet Static Set1kol9086 | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!As a Lego Collector, there is one thing that I love to build more than anything: Mechs. In the past few years, Lego has put out very innovative and unique Mechs: The King's Mech, the Black Knight Mech, Titan Mech Battle, just to name a few. As such, when I saw this set on market, I bought it for the massive snake-like Mechanoid that is included for the Time Twins. Despite not having the knowledge yet about the actual story behind the scene, I can assume that the 'Iron Doom' Mechanoid is a machine created by the Time Twins in order to fulfill their ultimate goal. For this reason, I will be judging this set not on its accuracy, but on its playability and displayability. PROS As mentioned above, I bought this set for the Mech, rather than the terrain piece that is included. While at times terrain bits are used to drive up the piece count (and thus price), I was pleasantly surprised to find that I rather enjoy this piece of swamp building. When putting it together the first time, I was very intrigued by the way the cell is put together. I also noted the clips, and upon completing the tower area, I found that it has potential for large amounts of reconfiguration. The minimalistic aesthetic of the structure fits in well in the swamp environment this season is set to take place, and it provides many places for the Ninjago to actually be posed and fight. The minifigures in this set are a high point. This set includes both Jay and Lloyd, preventing you from needing to buy Desert Lightning, as well as Wu, a Vermillion and both Time Twins. The detail on the Time Twins figures are incredible, and the attention to little details like having Saunders' pocket watch chain is incredible. The inclusion of hair for the two villians is also something I was very happy to see, allowing you to partially transform Krux into Doctor Saunders for a brief time. The Iron Doom Mech itself is also very beautiful. The varied part usage, interesting connections and previously unseen geometry of the head of Iron Doom makes the set stand out beautifully. The Mech's inclusion of all four Time Blades also makes this a must buy if one wants to simply buy one set and be done with this line. The cockpit area seats both Twins comfortably, another pro given the accessories they have on. The mech itself is very detailed and looks good from most angles, and itself is an impressive and powerful looking device. The mech is also very tall, another upside in my opinion. CONS However, Iron Doom is not without very major flaws. When I tend to display Mechs for small dioramas, I tend to want to pose them in charging or clashing formations. Iron Doom, however, has only one major point of articulation: the arms. The shoulders are set far behind the rest of the body, making it difficult to strech the arms out forward to actually reach across. The limitation in joints also means the Mech is unable to fully extend the arms without hitting the exposed studs on the gray side paneling, making positioning difficult. Perhaps the biggest con of the set, however, is that Iron Doom is a very static model. Most Mechs have standard waist articulation, allowing them to be twisted (the ElectroMech was an exception, but the Mech was small enough that waist articulation wasn't needed) and posed accordingly. Iron Doom, however, has no articulation in any joints. The snake-like bend at the bottom is set, the waist is et and even the head only moves up and down. This means that, in order to actually play with the set, Iron Doom must be physically moved and turned to the right or left to actually fight another opponent. This is a major dealbreaker to me personally. What cripples this, however, is that through small modifications to the waist (pulling out the pin and replacing it with a half-pin half-axel blue piece; Picture is included), the mech gains the ability to rotate at the waist. The fix is incredibly simple and makes me wonder why the designers did not include this. The fix takes all of 2 minutes and does not result in the Mech becoming unstable. Another con I have with the mech is the tail section. The tail section looks incredibly underwhelming compared to the rest of the mech, which varied design and shapes. The tail section also employs bottom elements that leave open studs exposed, giving it a very unfinished feel. CONCLUSION I personally recommend this set to collectors who wish to display this model rather than playing with it. If you are like me and simply want to display the set and occasionally play with it, this set is one for you. However, Iron Doom is very much a static set, making it more like a statue than an actual Mechanoid. As such, for young children who wish to use this set to battle, I must recommend against it unless you are willing to do some modifications.Play Experiencerating.prefix3rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix4rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix4rating.postfixBuild Time: 2 hrs 15 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?35
- 3 months agorating.prefix5rating.postfixThe vermillion is rising...verydude | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI got this set for myself for christmas,I've chosen it because: -Mainly I like mechs from lego(I own 9448,70737,70592,70223) -It's the only way to get the tim twins,and you get all four time blades as well -I got it for 50$,but for 60$ i think it's a good deal too -I also like the side build,it's really great to be able to rearrange the two structures,and it'really great for posing minifigures The negatives: -the mech is not good at poseability -the catapult feature on the structure don't work very well Solution that I've made: -for waist articulation I changed up the green 1x2 brick with an axle hole in it,with another 1x2brick but with a pin hole and I've put a 3 long axle with a studed end on one side between the two holes of the bricks;it's a standard friction based technic for Lego -The underside of the arms have 2x3 sloped bricks;I've changed it up with a 2x3 plates so it provides a bit more room for the upper part of the arms to move -You don't any parts for this:I recommend pulling the brown axles out when you need a pose where the Iron Doom leens forward;It won't hold the position but it's an option I hope it wasn't too long to read,and also that I could help You.Play Experiencerating.prefix4rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix3rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix5rating.postfixBuild Time: 3 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- 18 days agorating.prefix5rating.postfixGood details,fair amount of minifiguresBurzantija | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThe set comes with a snake mech,swamp fortress (consisting of a small jail and a tall wooden structure) and Lloyd`s little swamp speeder. I suggest buying the set 70621 (Vermillion Attack) alongside this one,because they click on perfectly,and then for 10$ more you go from 6 to 9 minifigures,from which all of them are different from others.The snake mech looks like its fiddly and would break at any moment but trust me,its NOT. Its extremely sturdy. Don`t believe others,the head of the snake isn`t heavy at all,and if it didn`t clip together well to you,you could just fiddle some paper into the technic holes,simple,you`re not using glue (and we all know no lego fan would use glue EVER).New vermillion armors are very detailed and they look very good. The time brothers are very detailed and to me,one of the most interesting figures I have,mostly because of the cool shoulder capes. The ninjas are plain as always,the new armors are cool,but other than that,same old ninjas. A very cool addition to the set is time brothers` hair pieces. The egg is too fiddly to stay on the tower so I used a spare green 1x1 square stud from Lloyd`s swamp speeder to keep the egg in place,as i think that the egg throwing mechanism isn`t very good. PROS: -Very cool and detailed figures -Snake mech has 2 detachable swords which can go into its hands and a spring loaded missile shooter (which i`m not a big fan of,because the spring is too strong) -Swamp fortress is very detailed and very tall for the amount of pieces it consists of. -The set includes all 4 time blades that clip on the snake mech. CONS: -The top ladder of the swamp fortress is extremely annoying during playtime. -Stickers are bad in every situation,even if the stickers are highly detailed. Overall I`d give this set a 9/10,and the size value for 60$ is great,because the set is in fact very big.Play Experiencerating.prefix4rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix3rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix5rating.postfixBuild Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- 3 months agorating.prefix3rating.postfixBusy set, plenty of detail.BentWright | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI love that the cell and gantry in this set click together, and also click together with the popping egg nest from the 70621 The Vermillion Attack set and the bit of turf from the 70625 Samurai VXL set nests nicely on the top of the cell. I am delighted by the across the board design/planning of the different sets that allowed them to easily work together. I also like the brown open cross beam panels, and would love to get more of those pieces. I like the new gi/body prints for Jay and Lloyd in this set. I would like Jay to have armor that carries his signature nunchaku rather than swords. I also miss Jay's signature silver/armored right arm. I like the Time Twins minifigures and am curious about who they may be. It seems the TV series is well behind toy production, so I have no idea what is going on, but I'm having fun thinking about what might be happening.Play Experiencerating.prefix3rating.postfixLevel of Difficultyrating.prefix3rating.postfixValue for Moneyrating.prefix3rating.postfixBuild Time: 1 hrs 12 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?35