Retired ProductOcean Explorer4.6429514.
Discover new horizons with the Ocean Explorer!
Enjoy seafaring adventures with this LEGO® Technic Ocean Explorer set, featuring a ship with a dark-blue, red and white color scheme, plus a buildable submarine with movable arms and spinning propeller, and a buildable helicopter with spinning rotors. The ship features a large captain’s bridge with radar and funnel detailing, plus a landing pad, working crane and an opening deck hatch for access to the ship’s hull, complete with bulbous bow and two fenders. This detailed 2-in-1 set has been designed to provide an immersive and rewarding building experience and can be rebuilt to create a Push Boat and Barge.
- Features a ship with a bulbous bow, large captain’s bridge with radar and funnel detailing, landing pad and a working crane, plus a buildable submarine and helicopter.
- Check out the ship’s authentic dark-blue, red and white color scheme.
- Submarine features a bubble cockpit, movable arms, spinning propeller and a yellow and black color scheme.
- Helicopter features a bubble cockpit, spinning rotors and an orange, gray and white color scheme.
- Practice takeoffs and landings from the ship's landing pad.
- Use the submarine’s movable arms to carry out underwater investigations.
- Turn the ship’s steering to adjust the rudders.
- Open the deck hatch to access the ship’s hull.
- A uniquely decorated LEGO® Technic 40th Anniversary brick is included with this model.
- This LEGO® Technic model is designed to provide an immersive and rewarding building experience.
- This set includes over 1,300 pieces and offers an age-appropriate building experience for ages 10-16.
- 2-in-1 set: rebuilds into a Push Boat and Barge.
- Ship with crane boom extended to the side measures over 7” (20cm) high, 22” (56cm) long and 9” (23cm) wide, and over 7” (19cm) high and 4” (12cm) wide with crane boom retracted.
- Submarine measures over 2” (7cm) high, 5” (15cm) long and 2” (6cm) wide.
- Helicopter measures over 2” (6cm) high, 5” (14cm) long and 4” (11cm) wide.
- Push Boat measures over 6” (16cm) high, 9” (24cm) long and 5” (13cm) wide.
- Barge measures over 3” (8cm) high, 15” (39cm) long and 5” (13cm) wide.
- about 1 month agoAverage rating5out of 5 starsThe Blue Planet IIDrSmith | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI bought this as it reminded me of a research vessel I worked on back in 2007 called RRS Discovery. The model itself is really impressive, and big, once it is completed. I spent about three days on it, building after work. It is a challenging build, which I like, and its great to see the scale of the ship increase, as you add the fore and aft sections of the hull and finally the bridge. The designers have a done a neat job with the rear rudder and on-board crane, and the way this moves by turning the small screws on the roof. The little helicopter is great fun as is the submarine, especially the moving propellers and sub sampling arms. My only gripe is the heli-deck; it's far too big and high for this type of vessel; usually it would be on the rear. I therefore modified my model to lower the heli-deck, and put in a replica rear sub-launch derrick on the back. I also added seats in the submarine and helicopter to make them more realistic. I've added photos... This is superb value at this price point. Recommended!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 starsLevel of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 starsValue for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 starsBuild Time: 3 daysBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- 4 months agoAverage rating4out of 5 starsLove itKhemono | 19-24I would recommend this to a friend!My parents got me this set as a christmas present and it was love at first sight. I really enjoyed building it, started right away and was busy till 4 am. The little helicopter and submarine are kind of cute and I think you can actually fit a mini figure inside the cockpits. Haven't tried it yet but definitely will. The only negative is the heights of the helicopter platform. It is too big and doesn't really match the other parts of the ship but that is just a minor thing. I definitely would recommend it, I had a great time building it and will display it somewhere in my flat to remind my of its awesomeness!! Good job there LEGO!!!Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 starsValue for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 starsBuild Time: 5 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45
- 4 months agoAverage rating5out of 5 starsExcellent BuildJoeluc | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI was looking for something a bit more challenging and larger after my last build, and I picked the right one. The helicopter and submarine are a good way to start before you get down to building the Ocean Explorer. The ship to start with us very straight forward but once you get half way through the build it gets slightly less straight forward and if you don't concentrate you miss a part with regards to the crane. The shop is a great size and has made a great addition to my collection. I definitely would highly recommend the Ocean Explorer. I would like to build the barge but I don't think I could dismantle what I gave already done. Well worth trying to build.Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 starsValue for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 starsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- 4 months agoAverage rating4out of 5 starsGreat fun to buildDoNotBeOnFire | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfHaving finished the Bucket Wheel Excavator I was after something easier to build and Ocean Explorer ticked the boxes. The small submersible and helicopter you build are clever for their size. The main build was straightforward but a little light on what I would call "Technic" functions. Even so the crane operation works well and the movement when the whole ship is pushed across a surface looks great and steers realistically which is excellent. I slightly modified the kit by making some new name labels for fun.Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 starsValue for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 starsBuild Time: 5 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45