Play with and display your own brick-built BB-8!
- VIP Points
This faithfully reproduced LEGO® Star Wars incarnation of the diminutive BB-8 droid from the new Star Wars movie trilogy makes the perfect gift for any Star Wars or LEGO fan. Turn one wheel at the side to rotate the detailed head, and another to open the access hatch and extend the ‘welding torch’. This faithfully reproduced model also comes with a display stand, decorative fact plaque and small BB-8 figure, making it a great display piece for any bedroom or office.
- Features authentic detailing, and wheel-activated rotating head and opening hatch with non-functioning welding torch.
- Also includes a display stand, decorative fact plaque and a small BB-8 figure.
- This set includes over 1,100 pieces.
- BB-8 model does not roll.
- BB-8 without stand measures over 9” (25cm) high and 5” (15cm) wide.
- Display stand measures over 10” (26cm) long.
- about 21 hours agoAverage rating5out of 5 starsBrilliantly Beautiful BB-8 BuildLivingRoomLego | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfIt's hard not to love this from the moment you take a look at the box and see BB-8 staring back at you. As someone who always wished they'd bought the R2-D2 set when it came out it was a no-brainer to build this little droid. The build was enjoyable, involved, occasionally tricky and a couple of times felt a little repetitive; but the 2 and a bit hours when pretty quickly and to see him take shape bag by bag was great. The external appearance hides the level of complexity and mechanics going on inside brilliantly, and the movement the mechanics create are very nicely done. The easy option would have been to have the head rotate only, however the additional effort the design team have gone to to create the authentic BB-8 head movement is well worth it and it's the first thing people comment on when they see it in action. The scale of the model is perfect for display, and the stand, info sticker and mini BB-8 make it a great shelf display piece for any collector (dusting it in the coming weeks and months won't be so much fun). In terms of playability, this isn't one the kids will be spending hours with, but then that isn't really the point with this one. It's on a slightly higher than normal shelf keeping it out of the reach of little fingers, although mini BB-8 seems to have gone missing, perhaps to a galaxy far far away! If you buy it and build it, you'll love it ..... and I challenge you to walk past it without giving the head a little wobble!Play ExperienceAverage rating2out of 5 starsLevel of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 starsValue for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 starsBuild Time: 2 hrs 15 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- 2 months agoAverage rating5out of 5 starsTons of CharacterOldRaysputin | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfWas a bit hesitant on this purchase initially but of course ended up pulling the trigger. My initial concern was the potential smaller than expected size and a monotonous build based on the shape. While BB-8 is a bit smaller than he appears on the back of the box, the final result is still stunning. Further, the build was surprising fun and challenging due to the many small white pieces. The big takeaway on this set is that it possesses a level of character not present in most sets. When you twist the side panel and the head moves he literally seems alive. The wobbly travel created by the use of the gears and rubber band create something very unique and incredibly close to the movie experience. The extending "thumbs up" torch is also a great touch although if I'm being super critical it would be great if the flame was a bit more vertical when extended as it is slightly angled when built. Overall, i would recommend this purchase. I am surprised it isn't a bit larger and advertised as a UCS for $25 more but for what you pay this is a really great set that has awesome display and play value.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 starsLevel of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 starsValue for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 starsBuild Time: 4 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- about 2 months agoAverage rating5out of 5 starsBB-eautifulCpsteel | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfOk, so first the build is a bit repetitive, but it's a sphere, so that should be no surprise. The interior mechanism for the moving parts was very impressive and satisfying. The play features are right on point. I really appreciated the layering technique used to achieve the spherical shape. I was very happy with the final result.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 starsLevel of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 starsValue for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 starsBuild Time: 5 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55
- 2 days agoAverage rating5out of 5 starsMASTERPIECEDigou | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI am truly surprised with this set! I love it! Some people think it is small, but I think it has the perfect price. Besides that, I think it's quite expensive, but I bought it in store for 70€. That is a reasonable price. I love the details of the eye, the sticker info, antennas, ... I recommend it, sure! The move it makes with its head is so silly, I love it!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 starsLevel of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 starsValue for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 starsBuild Time: 3 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55